Discussion: Klobuchar: Being Mean To My Staff Proves I Can Deal With Putin

You seem to be negating the me too movement.

I was interested in Klobuchar until this came out. She has always been abusive and demeaning. This was true in her previous gig; it got so bad in the Senate that Harry Reid had to talk to her.

No excuses should be made for her, period.

1 Like

I would just as soon that the President not scream and throw things at Putin. I don’t think that’s productive in any situation.

2 Likes

Her clumsy campaign thus far has nearly reduced me to tears…

He was so obviously going nowhere, it was not necessary to focus on anything he was saying at this stage.

1 Like

Schultz is still running? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

He had his 15 and the media dropped him like he was hot after that.

2 Likes

He’s still in the “might run” as an Ind. category along with some other non-starters McAuliffe, Bennet of CO. et al. It’s as if these guys have had a refreshing nap and say to themselves, what should I do for the rest of the afternoon? Oh, I’ll announce I’m thinking of running for pres.

The “likely to run” aren’t any prettier, Biden, Swalwell, Bullock of MT, who IMO should stay in MT and run for the senate and get an R out of that seat.

2 Likes

Being mean to your staff proves you’re an asshole.

That is all.

The problem isn’t her ability to listen, it’s that staff who are intimidated won’t tell her things she needs to hear. She can’t listen to things that aren’t said.

That said, whatever her management style she has run an effective office which is the bottom line.

I also think this scenario for LooperTrooper …

He should run against Gardner …sure thing —

and now watch me eat salad with my comb

As well as the corollary: “Throwing is not control.”

1 Like

Klobuchar: Just another egomaniac abusing power, the power of office. This one, like all the others, has nothing to learn; rather, she is quite proud of her behavior. No, I wouldn’t want some bully windbag in a critical position, e.g, facing Putin. I’d want someone who was actually confident, not a bully. But so many people are susceptible to this bullying, posturing, bullshit. And that goes a long way toward explaining how the empty bully rises to high office, in corporate America, academia, the government, etc.

This is damnable nonsense. How does she treat CONSTITUENTS!?! THAT is what’s important. Unless there is a real harassment problem with staff this is absolutely trivial.

Having said that this is a Minnesota thing. That jackass Mondale was the same way. Hands off that traitor Reagan but he was infamously difficult with his staff. He could have eviscerated Reagan, tore him limb from limb even in a loss. Remember the 241 Marines Reagan killed in Beirut? Neither did the voters in that election.

As an aside someone from the Midwest told me that New Englanders are standoffish until you know them … then they are very outgoing and friendly. She said Midwesterners are the exact opposite … superficially nice but with a mean streak.

Well - you can see this one coming. A strong woman who does not suffer fools is immediately “Hillary-ized” She IS smart, tough and she gets things done - most productive member of the Senate. But, she’s a WOMAN so let’s find a way to bring her down. BTW - several dozen NAMED staff members - both current and former - released a letter of support. Funny how that got buried. Emails, anyone?

I am probably being a prude, but I absolutely cannot agree with (or “like”) any comment that uses that word, even if I might agree with the overall sentiment. @tobie presumably is correct in noting the unhelpful shift in the statement, but I cannot think of any way of phrasing the idea that has a more favorable implication other than saying that she is a bad boss, meaning that she is unduly demanding and unreasonable in dealing with people who work for her. That is never a good thing. (I certainly make a distinction between being a demanding boss and a bad one.)

No. Being mean to your staff means you’re arrogant and insecure at the same time. Stay in Minnesota.

No that means you a women running for President.

I admit that it would be amusing to see her throw a binder at Putin - but no, Amy, get off the bus at the next stop.

Her being a bully is a disqualifying trait. Being an unrepentant bully creates massive collateral damage I’m talking about increased domestic abuse, ruined families, depression, anxiety. The bullied people often become one. The people who depend on her are living in a toxic hell. But hey, people love a bully. Dear God, NO

So, now TPM is reduced to parroting misquoted hit-pieces from Huffpost muckrakers to get clicks?
Really?
I expect more from TPM, not crossposting “some say” crap from a rag like Huffpost that clearly was authored out of an opposing campaign (not necessarily Republican.)

To all the head-nodding bandwagon-jumpers here on TPM; Would you be saying the same thing if it was a story about Beto? Kamala Harris? Gillenbrand? Warren? They too have disgruntled ex-staff who will be “anonymously” quoted in a Huffpost hit-piece (for a price.)

You know you wouldn’t. They are just “Too Pure” to be accused of this (some say.)
Would you even begin to consider the source? (Huffington Post, otherwise known as “SJW Outrage of the Day”)

THIS is how we will make sure that Donald J. Trump gets reelected; The Purity-Obsessed Circular Firing Squad.
We will DEMAND someone PERFECT and, since EVERYBODY has a different definition of “PERFECT” we will ignore and beat-down the Excellent in the process, fracture ourselves into squabbling cliques too busy accusing each other of not being “PURE ENOUGH” to see what is happening around us and we will then wake up on the day after the election and immediately start pointing fingers at each other in a desperate attempt to assign the Blame to ANYONE but ourselves. Just like in 2016.

It will be the Monty Python “Peoples Front of Judea” all over again.

You are all pathetic in how predictably and how EASILY manipulated you are.

We are doomed (and we have no one to blame but ourselves.)

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available