Discussion: Kentucky's Ark Encounter Won't Get Tax Incentives Due To Hiring Discrimination

Discussion for article #231081

Later they’ll relent and say their hiring practices are “evolving.”

17 Likes

Is that what the park is intended to look like?

If it is it looks boring as hell.

9 Likes

Enter lawsuit based on Hobby Lobby decision, stage right…

12 Likes

Sad trombone.

8 Likes

Cue the FoxNews hysteria over liberal Democrats waging a “War on Christianity” in Kentucky. Not giving Bible-Thumpers access to taxpayer monies is discrimination, dontcha know.

4 Likes

“If it is it looks boring as hell.”

I’d pay good money to watch a real T-Rex chase Ken Ham around the compound and then eat him alive.

14 Likes

The rendering doesn’t show the Stone-the-Harlot exhibit, which is a hands-on experience for young Christians aged 5-12. $5 gets you five rocks and a Big Gulp cup with T-Rex Jesus emblazoned on the outside.

11 Likes

Would be the same T-Rex that Jesus rode to work?

2 Likes

PluckyIn KY, please consider moving to California. It’s a beautiful, progressive State and we don’t have any creationist theme parks

1 Like

Damn, I had my sights on the proposed “Jesus riding a dinosaur to home school” toy that was going to be featured in the gift shop!! Grrr!! Secular liberals suck!

3 Likes

Darn, they can’t finish the project! Oh well, I guess they’ll just have to pocket the $15 million they already raised.

4 Likes

Nor the Waterboarding Witches Baptismal Dunking Pool™

jw1

4 Likes

Indeed, one day we might even erase the stains of Nixon and Reagan.

Is there beer?

1 Like

They discriminate in hiring against intelligent people.

3 Likes

We don’t want no goddamn Muslins or Jews or Catholics or Mormons a-poisonin’ the minds of our children.

2 Likes

A major victory for the Constitutional separation of Church and State.
Question for the bible-thumpers who support this asinine concept: If it’s “God’s Will” that this be built why are you unable to raise funds for it?
Why does God need money so much?

5 Likes

Well, the oldest recorded beer recipe was found in ancient Egypt, so it would be appropriate.

Funny that Christian fundamentalists promote their religion by relying on the Old Testament, which was what their professed saviour was struggling against and tried to change.

6 Likes