Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

Especially if there is proof that GOP knew and nominated/protected him anyway, they may see it as a lost cause anyway. They’re gonna lose the House and control of the Senate is looking iffy. Once Congressional investigations happen in seriousness, and Mueller rolls along, they may lose their chances of nominating and confirming a justice again for a decade.

Perhaps just wishful thinking on my part. But if they are considering that, they may view this as their last chance to “keep” the judiciary.

I also think that any women who’re still voting GOP are of the “she should’ve said something before / this is just boys being boys” variety. By this point, the GOP attitude towards women is clear. If they could vote for Trump, a known sexual predator who lusts after his daughter, why would they punish GOP over Kavanaugh?

5 Likes

did you actually read that book? heh

Thomas has one child by his first wife.

2 Likes

I thought that attitude would work in Alabama. Turns out that many women and enough men there weren’t buying into that.

10 Likes

And to all the Republican Senators and right wing talking heads that seek to minimize this because to them the timing seems suspicious… We need to remind them that were it not for the ‘last minute’ a lot of things would never get done.

4 Likes

Any reason beyond a gut feeling for thinking that Murkowski and Collins believe Dr. Ford? I would like to think so, but…

2 Likes

Kavanaugh pushed for questioning Clinton on graphic details of the Lewinsky affair. Glad he’s in the hot seat now.

14 Likes

I think he is really ambitious. Think of everything he has done to get here… Whitewater, annihilate Monica Lewinsky, Bill Clinton impeachment/Ken Starr witch hunt, Leak to Press, Get Hillary, Bush v. Gore 2000, George W Staff, Torture memos, Leak to Press, Help appoint conservative federal and supreme court justices, Get Hillary, Leak to Press…promote extreme conservative ideology as District Court judge, Get Hillary, Supreme court nomination, Kiss DT’s ass, Lie Under Oath and look like a puffy, slimy ass during Confirmation hearings, … This guy wants to be on the SC more than anything. This appointment is payback for Whitewater/Starr/Get the Clintons and Bush 2000. I believe he loves his daughters. His wife is a good help mate. He won’t quit this for them IMO.

15 Likes

At most this will give red state Democrats cover for voting NO. Murkowski? Collins? Blah.

3 Likes

I’m sure this will happen. I’m not as sure it will have the same effect OR end with the same result.

Different time, different politics.

11 Likes

There is now overwhelming evidence that Brett has committed numerous crimes including sexual assault, perjury, phone hacking and conspiracy against the United States. While the sexual assault and attempted manslaughter accusation is decades old and committed while he was a minor, the real issue is whether Kavanaugh has the character, temperament and integrity to be a Supreme Court justice.

The most relevant crimes here are multiple charges of perjury that he committed as an adult. Brett Kavanaugh should be prosecuted for perjury to the extent allowed under the law, brought to justice and should serve time for perjury, phone hacking, conspiracy against the United States and related crimes.

There is no need for Brett Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination as he can constitutionally take his place on the Supreme Court after he serves his time in prison. There is nothing in the Constitution against criminals, even rapists and murderers serving on the Supreme Court.

8 Likes

I think she is going to be a devastating witness against Kavenaugh. I think more will come out now about Kavenaugh. I think he is going down. But before he does, the country will be “treated” to the spectacle of the “Pussy Grabber in Chief” vouching for the morals of the “Would be Rapist of Chevy Chase.”

10 Likes

I hope at least some members of the Judiciary Committee have compassion on Christine Ford and try to protect her. Considering what she faces by speaking out about the alleged assault, she has a lot of courage. Ford does not seem at all like the type of person who would make up the story if the incident had not happen. The vote on Kavanaugh’s confirmation should be delayed while the matter is investigated, but that very likely will not happen.

8 Likes

Those people are us.

It’s the people, we control this shit with voting.

Not enough people are voting, though that may be changing this cycle. Keep a very, very close eye on millenials. Obama is counting them directly, and they not only miss him, they are EAGER to do as he asks.

My prediction for :100:%

This election will be another stunner:

Russia will blatantly diddle our election system and will get caught red handed (trump will deny) but it will be irrefutable.

Democrats will vote in record numbers-with the most % increase from white college educated women and millenials. The stunner will be the millenials. They are not tracked accurately in most polling (though better this year than ever in the past) and many are often registered, even if not voting (they won’t get picked up in new registrations either) or active in off year elections.

In 2020, they will be motivated like never before, so I’m predicting a wave-wave. In 2020 Democrats will take majority of governors mansions and state houses AND the new blood will have the balls to be bold and make bold moves to consolidate democratic control for a generation.

In other words, this is actually inevitable. Even if progressives LOSE everything in the next two cycles, by 2050 75% of working adults will live in cities-we passed 50% in cities in 2007. In 2050 millenials will comprise more than 75% of the voting electorate. They ALREADY comprise more
Than 50% of the eligible voters in America.

In other, OTHER words, millenials are taking over, it may not be a good idea to piss them off quite this much…

6 Likes

The GOP knew about this allegation in advance – how many, we don’t know – and prepared its defense with 65 GOP women who lied for Kav, claiming that they knew Kav for 35 years.

9 Likes

My thoughts are that the only two it might affect are Cruz and Heller. The other Republicans running for Senate can all lie that they would have demanded hearings, etc.

The red state Democrats now have a clear cut reason to vote against him, and not a single one of them better vote for him, or I will shut up about anyone else calling them DINOs ever again. If you can’t vote against a sexual predator for a lifetime SCOTUS seat in 2018, that seat might as well be occupied by a Trumpist.

7 Likes

We’ll always have impeachment…

2 Likes

Uh, facebook. My HS graduating class has a facebook page, and with one post I can reach the whole class. So I wouldn’t put too much stock in that argument.

He went to an all boy’s prep school - none of these women even went to school with him but 65 of them remember him well enough to vouch for his character?

Reeeeallly

16 Likes

She’s a psychologist and a college professor; are you absolutely certain that it is SHE that will need the protecting in a hearing?

Physically, she needs protection. I’m going to begin writing to some of these progressive ‘angels’ like Tom Steyer and voice the opposite moon that his money would be better spent on protecting people like this and sending squads of investigators and lawyers to look up all they can find on these assclowns, THEN broadcast THAT!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available