Discussion: Kathy Griffin Apologizes For Gruesome Trump Photo: 'I Went Way Too Far'

This is going to drive me nuts. What show is that image from? I remember the scene but I can’t place it.

2 Likes

Breaking Bad

@littlegirlblue I loved that series. Now my favorite (non John Oliver) series are Fargo and Better Call Saul

3 Likes

Yeah, something doesn’t gel about the story. He was watching TV and the news came on and lead with a story about Kathy Griffin? In NYC? It just doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Breaking Bad, the baddie was the quintessential bad guy actor, Danny Trejo, now he’s headless Tortuga because he disrespected a drug cartel guy. But the cartel had planted an explosive on this thing so when DEA agents came to investigate it a bunch of them got blown up. I’ve spent way too much time watching reruns.

@inlabsitrust

4 Likes

Ah-ha! Thank you.

4 Likes

Completely agree–I’ve been trying to resurrect the “(This is what a REAL) Death Panel (looks like!)” meme for Dems and it doesn’t appear to be going anywhere! We could accurately, legitimately throw the Republican’ts’ shit back in their own faces, but (mostly) refuse to do it.

2 Likes

Also, if a conservative wants to try trotting out the “Griffin example” in a debate, it’s so incredibly easy to turn that “whataboutism” on them.

“Yeah, well what about Kathy Griffin’s photo of Trump’s head?”

“What about it?”

“It proves that liberals are just as violent as conservatives, if not moreso!”

“So one comedian making a joke or taking a tasteless photo is enough to condemn all liberals?”

“Uh …”

“Because if that’s the case, I have a album of photos I need you to immediately apologize for on behalf of all conservatives. And once we’re done with that, let’s talk about how the policies you support actually, really hurt people.”

There you go, copy and paste as necessary.

3 Likes

@littlegirlblue The quintessential take on Jan Brewer’s “severed heads in the desert” campaign comment (though I am not sure her comment came before the BB episode).

1 Like

I loved BB, still watch the reruns as I said, and sometimes just go straight to Felina to watch the retired educator take out the white nationalists while saving Jesse. Second old favorite currently is The West Wing, where Democrats live in a dream world of their own making.

Thank dog for the Intertubes. Tortuga was aired in September 2013, Brewer said this June 2010.

4 Likes

One extreme liberal vs all the death threat type shit the general public, celebrities, and politicians did/do toward Obama.

1 Like

Or this!

2 Likes

If we are talking political, I’ll go with the political comedy escape of Veep

2 Likes

He is allowed to do anything he wants on the internet as long as it involves Google and only the search term “Trump”.

1 Like

Fortunately for him, the man baby has an 11 year old to hide behind.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh please.

Liberals being confronted with the reality of their dreams is too much. Please.

Trump can be dealt with through the courts over years, or he can be dealt with directly. Kudos to Kathy Griffin. I’m with her. Trump is a WORLD DESTROYER with his disapproval of the Paris Accords. There is only one best answer. Deal with it.

Indeed, Donald Trump is causing our nation so much harm every single day. Personally, I think he gets his thrills from it and thus, he’s failing to realize that every word he utters, every tweet he sends, every silly act he does is being scrutinized by everyone. In other words, it is being recorded and will someday be used against him.

2 Likes

I think Kathy’s video hit a soft spot and the crybabies can’t take it. Where were the tears for the hideous, hate filled, filth directed at President Obama. I’m sure his kids heard about it. The difference: his kids knew their father from responsible parenting. He didn’t tweet it in.

2 Likes

6 Likes

According to an article in a right wing media outlet I was unlucky enough to see, Barron really did see the image and really did panic. Much as the right wing makes me see red when their idiocy isn’t simply beyond comprehension, I think Trump does have a case here.

Now though he should graciously accept her abject apology. Accepting apologies is basic to morality. But he won’t, because he’s still a total boor.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available