Discussion: Kathy Griffin Apologizes For Gruesome Trump Photo: 'I Went Way Too Far'

I agree. As I said, I don’t like what she did but I understand it. And I am past the point of “being the adult in the room”.

My one regret is that she didn’t present Rump’s severed head and THEN go on to juxtapose it with the graphic images that Dems have had to endure.

3 Likes

I see a lot of people here thinking Griffin should have doubled down, you all fail to realize that these are the type of stupid distractions that Trump prays for (outside of a terrorist attack so he can pivot to a ‘war time’ president). Distractions that allows the right wing media to make a mountain out of a molehill and take people’s attention away from the daily, and criminal blunders of Trump. Because now they have ammo against the liberal elite in Hollywood even though the Left are principled enough to condemn Griffin acting like a retard,

This is why I, and others say that Hillary Clinton should stay in the woods while the democrats rebuild, the last thing we need is to give Republicans things they can turn into distractions to deflect from what they’re doing.

True, but being in charge of the trains would avert the ultimately fruitless task of trying to reason with them.

1 Like

They don’t need real ammunition.

May we not hand them real ammunition.

American culture was brutalized long ago.

We know.

Pretending that it’s not is the epitome of privilege.

My post did not imply any pretending.

Warren Oates was a very much under appreciated actor, never really got his due.

1 Like

This – this would be a perfect segue into the escalation of violent dialogue that the right has gleefully engaged in for years. Make them confront all the horrible violence they’ve condoned over the years. Use it to shine a spotlight on how empty their “outrage” over this photo is.

4 Likes

Why give them actual molehills from which to build faux mountains?

Let me get this straight - when this photo appeared, the first thing the so-called President did was show it to his 11 year old son?

Kinda confused here.

6 Likes

Damn straight.

Do you listen to anyone else except yourself?

The Rethugs have all the ammo they want and more so. They just make it up. It does not matter. You can take the high ground as much as you want. Don’t believe me? Ask the parents of Seth Rich.

The one to stay in the woods while the Democrats (yeah, it’s capitalized) is Sanders. How many times can your people lose and you just insist on staying around??

4 Likes

This isn’t real ammunition, though. It’s a symbolic photo taken by a comedian. One could make the strong argument that it’s art, and then that it’s arguably good art, since it’s obviously generated strong reactions from all sides.

Real ammunition would be a politician encouraging his supporters to beat up their political enemies, or calling for “Second Amendment solutions,” or beating up a reporter that asked the wrong questions, or any number of other real things we’ve seen from the right.

3 Likes

Supposedly, he was watching TV and a news segment came on showing the image and he got freaked out because he thought it was real. Let me just be the first to say, I think that story is total bullshit.

7 Likes

Why not? Exactly what would be different?

2 Likes

Griffin wanted to shock us to get her attention needs met.

Well, at least Seth Rich’s parents will catch a break now.

5 Likes

Transparent attempt to shoehorn “Hillary Sucks” into any subject.

2 Likes

?

Because.

The GOP Said That These Obama Hanging Images Were Fine, But When the Shoe is on the other Foot, I guess it doesn't count as Free Speech... pic.twitter.com/TAI926KHqD

— Impeach Donald Trump (@Impeach_D_Trump) May 31, 2017

'Nuff said.

8 Likes

Yeah, I mean that is probably what bugs me personally. What I really, really want now is of course to see the entire Trumpets impeached/indicted/arrested/imprisoned. Like yesterday. Before it’s too late. Much of my focus has been consumed by that…

… and she did that. Damn. You are a comedienne, at least do something funny because what I also really, really need now is some good laugh. Not that.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available