Discussion: Kathy Griffin Apologizes For Gruesome Trump Photo: 'I Went Way Too Far'

That Barron and mommy would just happen to see it on TV is total bullshit. None of the internet outlets that are covering this (even the right-wing ones) mention what channel Barron was supposedly watching, and TV channels that show the brief clip pixel it out. Griffin was wrong, but Trump is hiding behind his 11-year old on this one.

3 Likes

Trump: Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. At least he’s consistent because he said very similar things each time Ted Nugent threatened violence against Secretary Clinton and President Obama. Oh, wait…no he didn’t. Not at all.

So… A Photoshop picture of Trump decapitated=BAD!

But a Trump supporter stabbing a retired Veteran for standing up for a poor girl=SILENCE!

Got it, Republicans have no morals or sense of decency.

1 Like

Sell it elsewhere.

What she did was wrong. Period.

There was a great magazine cover (speigel?) a few months ago, of Trump brandishing the head of the Statue of Liberty–maybe Griffin was riffing off of that.
But cripes, in a week where he’s abandoned NATO, normalized committing treason and undercut the best chance we have left to save the planet, Griffin manages to create sympathy for Trump? Fox will be living off of this for a month!

@squirreltown

I always think that is one of the grossest, ugliest chin lines I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

That one, and Sam Clovis’s fully engrossed tick chin line.

The. Two. Worst. Ever. {:shiver:} :confounded:

2 Likes

The Bible is chock full of Genocide, Rape, Incest, Adultery, Murder, Stoning, Beheading, Crucifixions, Gruesome Executions, Child Sacrifice, Burnt Offerings, Satanism, Demons, Plagues, Starvation, War, Apocalyptic Visions, the Dead Rising from the Grave, and all other forms of sex, blood, death, and destruction, yet it is the ONLY BOOK a large portion of the American Population views as “appropriate” for children to read/study.

Go figure.

The image was not photoshopped as was claimed earlier in the thread. Someone made the likeness of Trump’s bloody decapitated head. Just an incredibly stupid thing to do and she’ll suffer the consequences for sure.
I would love to have been party to the initial conversation suggesting it was a good idea - either her idea or someone suggesting it to her. Just stupid.

Exactly, and I’m to believe an 11 year old boy watched the news long enough to get to that segment, then ignored the warnings that it was a graphic image and that it was fake, and believed that was really his dad. Sorry, not buying it.

2 Likes

What she did was wrong. Period.

Why? Question mark.

Do you honestly believe she was sounding a call for the murder of Trump, by beheading or other means? Do we believe that people took it that way and it will inspire violence toward Trump and his supporters (who not coincidentally have actively encouraged violence toward their political enemies for years)?

Are we completely dismissing that she was making an on-the-nose visual statement about the fate that’s historically befallen leaders, particularly during the French Revolution, who look to increase their already swollen wealth at the direct expense of the peasants?

Are all depictions of fictionalized, symbolic violence wrong, period?

Look, I don’t really care about Kathy Griffin or her Instagram post. But the faux outrage over it is legitimately infuriating.

Every picture featuring Donald Trump is gruesome.
But I agree this was even more gruesome.

OMG, that is too funny! Philly = True Blue city

I am truly sorry that Trounce brings out the worst in people and then tries to benefit from it by hiding behind his secluded 11 year old child and that he only has empathy for himself.

Funny that it didn’t take him 3 days to whip up some Faux outrage.
Kathy Griffin was wrong and once again, so is the Cumquat in Charge.

2 Likes

FLAGGED

What a pitiful creature…

2 Likes

FLAGGED again

2 Likes

1 Like

Join forces :wink:

1 Like

This is how I picture it

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

If she had just had Trounce bleeding orange, she might’ve pulled a small laugh out of this.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available