Discussion: Kansas Secretary Of State Kicking Sen. Roberts Off Ballot: Not My Decision To Make

Discussion for article #222336

Amazing…

Roberts would not even qualify to VOTE in Kansas, and would be purged from voter rolls with the rest of the dregs Kobach wants disenfranchised, if this was really an equal protection nation and state.

1 Like

Roberts is a United States Senator. The residency requirement for a United States Senator is fixed in Article I of the Constitution. Kansas has no power to impose an additional standard.

2 Likes

I do love watching circular firing squads form up, no one does it better than the Tea Baggers.

1 Like

OK, I’ll bite. What is the residency requirement in the Constitution?

Article I, section 3, paragraph 3: “No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, WHEN ELECTED, be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen.”

And in the mold of Phill Kline, we bring you Kevin Kobach.

Shouldn’t there be two S’s on the end of Kansas?

This horrid ALEC owned and Kockedup Bros bought excuse for a male is the most egregious of the teapubs…He writes the ALEC suggested legislation that has run across the Nation to mindless red state legislatures and ruined lives and livelihoods! ‘Stand you Ground’ and 'Trans-vaginal probe; legislation along with ‘PersonHood’ laws are his dirty work…Just off the top. He is a MONSTER!

He would love to be a senator /// as to Roberts…he has not lived in Kansas for 20 years and Kansans know it!

oh please let them kick roberts off the ballot and let this wackaddo clown run but mis their even a half decent dem running against him in the race?// thats what I wanna know and not some bought and payed for yella bellied blue dof crap dem a tru progressive dem even if the chances are he will have a hard time we need to put people in races that can change the landscape in these red states