Discussion: Jon Stewart Returns To Savage Trump, Sean Hannity: 'This Country Isn't Yours!' (VIDEO)

1 Like

Oh how I miss this man! Jon, couldn’t you have waited one more year to retire?

45 Likes

The man has a fire in his belly! Come on out of retirement, Jon–you can even keep the beard! We need you on the case until November!

22 Likes

Loved seeing you again, Jon!! Thank you, Colbert!!

15 Likes

It’s funny, I haven’t missed Stewart the way you might miss your dog if it retired and stopped being your dog or something, mostly because I felt he deserved his freedom after all those years, but Jesus, it came rushing back how funny he is and how sanity-preserving his sense of right and wrong were. I hope he at least keeps popping up like this over the next few months

40 Likes

Well, that was satisfying. More, please.

12 Likes

Oh you are so missed! What a great moment.

http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.691356.1449862128!/image/1240731132.png_gen/derivatives/headline_609x343/1240731132.png

7 Likes

Brilliant.

6 Likes

The man, the myth, the legend haha

2 Likes

He’s got a new project slated for HBO that should be out this September.

11 Likes

Thank you! I’ll keep an eye out for it.

3 Likes

And let me add, after further reflection:

Pure fucking genius, pure fucking win, absolute devastation and HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME.

Ahem. Thank you, Mr. Stewart.

24 Likes

I miss him too, but I also find it pathetic that we have to depend on a stand-up comedian to speak truth to power. Our journalists and pundits have been so abused over time, they have effectively been neutered.

20 Likes

Lumpy. He’s done.

9 Likes

He really has earned his freedom… that said, I wouldn’t say ‘no’ to the idea of a Jon Stewart Hour in prime time. Maybe replace something useless and vapid, like Hardball…

9 Likes

Why did he retire again?

2 Likes

That was SO necessary. Thank god you were there to act as a palate cleanser after that week of word salad with BS entree.

11 Likes

“There is no real America. You don’t own it."

They think they build stuff that non Caucasian cultures tear down. Steve King said exactly that on All In the other day. No pretense that the GOP is not the Party of Lincoln anymore.

12 Likes

Because this is funny and soooooo true.

6 Likes

“You just want that person to give you your country back. Because you feel that you’re this country’s rightful owners,”

Let’s all congratulate the GOP for putting their message on full display for the American people this week.

I especially enjoyed the post-convention torchlight-parade down the Wilhelmstraße.

Great optics.

33 Likes