Discussion: Jim Jordan: 'To Think That I Would Not Stand Up For My Athletes Is Ridiculous'

God, make me happy and let there be emails or something…

16 Likes

This is the best Jordan’s newly hired PR firm could come up with? Dear Lord…

16 Likes

Read Josh’s blog on this He nailed it as did I earlier
It seems quite possible that Jordan could have weathered the storm and put the story behind him if on the first reports he would have said some version of this: “I did hear stories about Dr. Strauss and I didn’t take them as seriously as I should. I was much younger. But I failed those kids and I deeply regret it.”

The default Republican position is to lie
Always
A situation that could have been rectified by the truth.
Truth
A foreign concept to all Republicans

27 Likes

I would think the reports of group monkey spanking while watching the wrestlers would be enough

4 Likes

So your history with the FBI needs to be considered? OK, fine, you have lied repeatedly about the FBI, including saying people had their phone calls subpoenaed, which Mr. Rosenstein of DOJ had to point out is something that is not possible. So I’m all for using your history of “standing up to the FBI” as a reference point.

12 Likes

Josh’s assessment is absolutely correct. Jordon had an opportunity to deal with this but he would have had to tell the truth or something close to the truth. He, or whoever was handling his communications strategy, blew that chance. He is off into Republican la la land now. Nobody believes him. Every time he makes a statement he sounds worse.

12 Likes

Good God, I wonder how many more Ohio State sports programs knowingly provided safe harbor for sexual predators?

Thankfully, a few coaches have been held accountable already (football). Now, about that general culture of abuse and ignorance… how many University executives have actually been held accountable?

3 Likes

Dr Strauss did not just play doctor with the wrestling team. All the other minor sports were his ‘office’

4 Likes

’I’m telling the truth,” Jordan told reporters."

No, you’re not.

7 Likes

Probably all of them. Strauss wasn’t only the wrestling team trainer. My guess is he was supported at the AD level. I sure wouldn’t send one of my kids to Ohio State after learning about this cesspool.

3 Likes

Hey, Jim: You’re ridiculous!

4 Likes

I was an asshole to the speaker, an asshole to the IRS, an asshole to the FBI, so how dare you question my integrity now? I bid you good day!

22 Likes

He’s sure not very original; “To think I would have done that is ridiculous” is as old a non-denial as exists in the modern lexicon. So, he’s ridiculous, dishonest, and not too smart.

9 Likes

again with refined definitions

Jordan is telling the truth, tRumpian truth that is unattached to reality

1 Like

Always remember what John Boehner said about Jordan, “He’s a fucking asshole.” Notice the modifier. Jordan wasn’t a run-in-the-mill asshole. He was a fucking asshole. And we’re talking about a rethug member of Boehner’s Ohio delegation.

ETA Does someone have that picture of Boehner laughing?

9 Likes

Just to think Rep. Jordan didn’t do the right thing is “ridiculous”? Wow, I’ve been ridiculous for several years now.

3 Likes

Totally agree … however - I’ll take this one step further - the rancid stench from the painfully obvious lies - and rigid refusal to acknowledge any, any validity to the idea that Jordan knew anything - begs the question - ‘what is Jordan hiding?’

Maybe it is simply the new mentality of this Right-wing cult that clings to a fantasy of personal infallibility - and thus must categorically deny any and all flaws & failings - and proclaim the messengers as “LIARS”

Or - maybe there is some “elephant in the closet” that Jordan will go to even absurd lengths to avoid ever seeing the light of day.

5 Likes

“Every time he makes a statement he sounds worse.”

Yup. He is completely ignoring the First Law of Holes: “In a hole? Stop digging.”

6 Likes

I’m going to feel so much schadenfreude when this lying sack of shit is finally shamed out of office. I’m not proud of that, but it’s true.

2 Likes