Discussion: Ivanka Deflects From 'Rigged' Election To Deny Family Business Is Suffering

1 Like

Obviously, Ivanka was asking Hill about how to ward off unwanted advances. She just found out that that icky feeling was normal.

7 Likes

It’s consumer bias against your business, not media bias. We really really don’t like your dad…

31 Likes

In other words, the family business is suffering…

23 Likes

Ah, the inheritance that might have been…

12 Likes

As a threshold matter, why on earth would Ivanka Trump be a speaker at a Most Powerful Women Summit?

23 Likes

Trump businesses was suffering because of the election

Typo aside, someone should remind Ivanka that after the election they aren’t going to have all those donations coming in…

10 Likes

you have teams working tremendously hard to read these things

The workload never lessens for Ivanka’s unpaid interns…

9 Likes

Same reason Chunk Toad gets an invite to a State Dinner…

9 Likes

The bigly business is just having Little Trump problems. Pay no attention to the accountant behind the screen.

5 Likes

“We’ve had articles written about us by the business press where we say, hmm, that wasn’t exactly fair, the fact check, there’s a few things off but this has been a different level.”

A “different level” of lies??? OK, Ivanka, I get he’s your dad, but here are the facts about who is lying at an unprecedented level:

…(Clinton) is, believe it or not, predominantly factual. The two general election debates, for which I fact-checked both Trump and Clinton, have shown how much more accurate she is than her opponent: Clinton made four false claims at the first debate to Trump’s 34, five false claims at the second debate to Trump’s 33.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/one-month-253-trump-untruths-214369#ixzz4NYkISeus

9 Likes

“It’s demoralizing when you’re working very hard and you have teams working tremendously hard to read these things,” she said. “So I think the bias is very, very real and I don’t think I would have said this to you even a year ago but I’m seen it too many times. It’s tremendous.”

Flagged.

9 Likes

Donald Trump’s D.C. Hotel Shows His Brand Is Sinking Along With His Poll Numbers

Edit: Link fixed. Thanks!

6 Likes

If you read some of the Kurt Eichenwald stories, or have just been paying casual attention to this campaign you know that an integral part of Donald Trump’s business strategy has been to manipulate the press (like that time when he pretended to be his own press secretary.) the transcript of that libel lawsuit was full of statements that Trump made in public to boost the image of his business that he had to recant under oath.

Trumpism as a business strategy is that perception is reality. Not a single one of them would know what the truth is if it hit them in the face, because the truth is irrelevant to them

6 Likes

Trump: “It’s demoralizing when you’re working very hard and you have teams working tremendously hard to read these things.”

“Especially when you outsource that reading to teams in Bangladesh and China.”

19 Likes

"He’ll either win or he won’t win and I believe he’ll accept the outcome either way,” she said.

It's debatable in private he'd be especially accepting of the former.
6 Likes

“One of my goals is not to preach how to live a great life,” [Ivanka] Trump says earnestly. “I’m not saying that if you’re working at home, raising a family, that’s not work. I want to disrupt the narrative around what it means to be a woman who works. The whole point of my brand is that women should be architecting the lives they want to live.”

5 Likes

Thousands of Indonesian slaves think Donnie is getting a raw deal.

6 Likes

I wonder what Team Readers do to relax? If, that is, Ivanka gives them free time…

1 Like

… which is why its latest hotel chain will be called Scion, in the hope consumers won’t make the connection to the now-permanently toxic Trump brand.

7 Likes