Discussion: Indiana Boy, 4, Dead After Gun Accidentally Goes Off At Home

Discussion for article #222898

What awesome parents. Everyone knows kids can’t climb. And my daughter certainly wasn’t getting into the kitchen cabinets by dragging over a chair by the time she was three so she could get a cereal bowl.

And once again, TPM sticks with their passive voice. “where it fired and shot him in the head”

I think it would be more correct to say the boy was murdered by the adult(s) responsible for leaving a loaded gun where he could reasonably expected to find it. Negligent homicide, rather than intentional, but homicide nonetheless.

2 Likes

2nd Amendment my ass. These clowns are just careless.

Which State on TPM Has the Most Careless Gun Owners?

Pennsylvania - 8
Texas - 7
South Carollina - 5
Florida -4
California/ Michigan/ Ohio/ Indiana - 3 (tied)

Four year old on Saturday. Six year old on Sunday. Parents maybe think the little tykes don’t have eyes to see where the interesting things are stashed. When a kid OD’s on a parent’s heroin the police don’t shrug it off as an accident. But a gun is somehow different???

1 Like

Because guns are fucking magical.

gun deaths like this will never end in America.

the gun lobby has a stranglehold on any legislation that might make a diff

Sandyhook proved to all of us there is nothing we can do.

i wish i was wrong

That’s copied directly from the source, so you can’t really blame it on TPM. But anyone who keeps a loaded and cocked handgun unsecured in a house with a 4-year-old (not to mention his 5-year-old sister) is just plain stupid.