Discussion: In Second Defamation Suit, Covington Student Sues CNN For $275 Million

1 Like

Where’s your hat in that photo, asshole?

26 Likes

Does this even have merit or will it get tossed out?

6 Likes

The lawyers filing these suits should be sanctioned. And, at least for me, when you put on a MAGA hat, your self-identify as a racist. End of …

26 Likes

Once a MAGAT asshole, always a MAGAT asshole.

11 Likes

He seems like the kind of kid his parents would pose him in front of a shell and claim he’s a world class rower…

55 Likes

What a precious, tender little snowflake

21 Likes

$275 million is the opening bid for the settlement game.

15 Likes

Maybe its time for some countersuits against this punk and his parents and whatever rightwing bunch of GOP-led MAGAt lawyers putting forward these suits. This is a stunt simply to keep tRump’s low-life base happy and talking about how they’re able to vilify CNN and WaPo for political expediency and tRump’s benefit. These kids and their non-intervening chaperones think they can continue to profit off this hatred and bigotry. I really hope a judge just throws out this case.

42 Likes

I would love it if the article included the actual examples of “defamation”. This is too vague. To reference Sam Ervin, did CNN publish a drawing of a banana, or did they publish the drawing, with a note underneath that read “This is a banana”?

18 Likes

In the Trump era greed drives everything!

7 Likes

He also seems like the kind of kid whose parents would get caught up in that massive SAT/school acceptance bribery scheme.

27 Likes

A little MAGOT doing what Mommy told him .

4 Likes

They are just looking for a big settlement. Let it play out until the end and then sue them for legal costs when they lose. Take the little MAGAts college and inheritance money away so he will be a less privileged ass.

17 Likes

Amazing how much attention the haters get from the press in general over the majority of people who reject those views.

50 Likes

It’ll be tossed. Edited to add unless settled law is not the metric for disposition.

6 Likes

Interested in the lawyers’ takes but IMHO if the family thinks CNN is likely to settle this they’re mistaken. I think they have to aggressively defend against it or everyone they ever do a negative story about will sue them for billions and expect to be handed a hefty check in return for going away. They’d have to simply dissolve the network and find other work.

47 Likes

These people must have been persuaded by lawyers that they could win a lot of money. It’s hard to escape what the kid did and now the lawyers want to blame it on the media. Something is wrong with this picture. And, if the parents think they’ll get their reputations back, they are nuts.

15 Likes

“A minor child.” LOL at the ridiculous tautology. And the lawsuit.

9 Likes

Well, it’s CNN, so I have a problem, whom to back. They could use a lesson in journalism…

1 Like