Discussion: In It For The Long Haul: Kelly Agrees To Stay On As Chief Of Staff Through 2020

1 Like

At least he looks the part.

8 Likes

Bit of a surprise. Maybe that surge of confidence and desire to get free of his nanny is fading as Trump slowly realizes that when he does what he feels like it tends to be disastrous.

10 Likes

He agrees to stay…
That’s rich
He’ll stay until he’s fired by Trump
or has to quit because Trump finally loses it

23 Likes

Sadomasochism is such a quirky trait…

19 Likes

An announcement Kelly is staying to 2020 must mean he will soon be fired.

28 Likes

White House chief of staff figurehead John Kelly announced to staff Monday that he’d agreed to stay in that position through the 2020 election. There, I fixed it.

14 Likes

More gym time and cocktails. (While Rome burns.) Thank you for your service!

15 Likes

trump asking him to stay is tantamount to setting a countdown clock to Kelly’s firing.

12 Likes

Semper Find the door.

18 Likes

I hope so but I won’t believe it until I see it. For all the firings, there have been too many false alarms to go with them. Freaking Huckabee Sanders is still there.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I’ll be surprised if he’s still CoS in September.

6 Likes

“I need to make sure I am completely destroyed on the molecular level,” Kelly later added.

28 Likes

I know trump isn’t happy to hear this :grinning:

2 Likes

No self-respect. None.

5 Likes

Glutton for punishment comes to mind…

That being said, Dollars to donuts, Kelly is in on some yet to be revealed grift and merely wants to line his pockets. Call it “Danger Pay”…

3 Likes

Racists of a feather gonna flock together.

5 Likes

Like McConnell and Grassley during Garland nomination, might as well collect paycheck while doing jack shit.

9 Likes

This pledge of loyalty and about two fifty will get you a cup of over-roasted covfefe at Starbucks.

4 Likes

Trump: My 2020 presidency will be taken care of by KGB. I have to pay them back.

4 Likes