Discussion: IG Report Uncovers New FBI Official Text Saying 'We'll Stop' Trump From Winning

The clinton probe was over by august

2 Likes

Of course who is the “we” is the “we” the voters or Dems.
Also once again this report is about how the FBI mis handled something that helped drump not hurt drump. We have yet to see anything the FBI did to help Clinton win.

17 Likes

Geeze, so one agents personal opinion is going to be the pretext for a huge deluge of RW bullshit starting in 5…4…3…2…1

30 Likes

An innocuous private muttering between 2 lovers will be the only thing we hear for the next 1-2 years.

33 Likes

By and large, the FBI is an organization of conservatives, mostly Republican. The idea that a big group of Republicans would favor Hillary for anything other than prosecution is ludicrous. However, the FBI also knew that Trump was a Russian asset, so it follows that individually they opposed Trump, as did all intelligent people.

22 Likes

Sadly, this selective leak will help Trump’s case with low-information voters (i.e. Trump supporters and idiot undecideds) that the Deep State was (and still is!) conspiring against him.

11 Likes

Trump TV™️ (Fox “News) and Trump will ignore the FBI helped elect Don the Con with Comey’s outrageous last minute intervention, and foment the blatant lie they wanted Clinton. What will legitimate media do? Use “both siderism”? False equivalence? Uncritically repeat false Trump tweets?

Why is it depressing even asking these questions?

19 Likes

Well they didn’t so what’s the difference? And god I wish they had.

16 Likes

A new exchange of text messages between FBI officials, included in an upcoming Justice Department Inspector General report on the FBI’s handling of the Hillary Clinton probe, shows one of the agents said “we’ll stop” President Donald Trump from reaching the White House.

Not good at all.

I hate seeing anything like this emerge that lends the tiniest bit of credibility to claims by the Reich.

10 Likes

It could totally exonerate everyone and they would still do that so that’s hardly all that sad. It’s utterly expected.

8 Likes

As Seth Abramson said, if the report does not cover the Giuliani NY FBI leaks, it is next to worthless.

ETA. That’s a shitty headline. 2 gossiping Agents does not equal FBI.

32 Likes

Nothing new here

6 Likes

I can actually see this molehill growing to mountainous proportions…enough to blot out the sky…

5 Likes

its rather amazing that a leak hating administration is now leaking that IG report to the press.

13 Likes

TPM’s default setting.

3 Likes

So an FBI agent who casually told his lover that “we” would stop Trump also “co-wrote the first draft of former FBI director James Comey’s letter to Congress announcing he was reopening the investigation.”

Could have been worse!

9 Likes

“Because it’s not there!”

1 Like

you say ‘molehill’, i say regurgitation.

5 Likes

Exactly. We’ve already had both of these fights - the Comey fight and the affairhaving agents fight - nothing new is right.

5 Likes