Discussion: Huckabee Pushes Debunked Claim That Gunmen Target Gun-Free Zones

Discussion for article #244698

one gun-toting citizen with a weapon could have stopped the rampage in Thursday night’s undercard Republican presidential debate.

Oh dear. I’m resentful when I have to work nights too but this sentence really should be recast.

3 Likes

Why is this debate so focused on mass shooters? What about the domestic violence, suicide and accidental child deaths inside the home? Doesn’t the purported Christian preacher Huckabee have any common sensical views on this phenomena? Forget the ideology for a moment, where’s a civilized humane response to these guns?

2 Likes

I would love to ask Huck how many times Scripture talks about having easy access to weapons…just in case someone needs to be blown away.

1 Like

Again, especially family members including children and mentally ill loved ones.

Darn you, MattinPA, I almost got there before you did.

I was going to say “Huckabee said one gun-toting citizen with a weapon could have stopped the rampage in Thursday night’s undercard Republican presidential debate?”

The sickness dictates that gun suicides and “accidental” child-home shootings don’t count.

There is a meme going round that conservatives love: It shows the 32,000 gun deaths in America per year, subtracts for suicides and other gun deaths, and ends up with 10,000 homicide related gun deaths per year. It then concludes with “See, America doesn’t have a gun problem.”

This conclusion proceeds on the assumption that 10,000 people murdered by guns isn’t a problem.

The sickness, it grows.

2 Likes

I just put a pot of soup on and it’ll be two hours before it’s done, so I’ve got a lot of time to kill. We will duel again, I’m sure. : )

Scripture says that the Lord, “. . . shall rebuke many people: they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks . . .” —Isaiah 2:3–4

Funny how Rev. Huckabee keeps forgetting that, especially since he seems to be more of an Old Testament kind of preacher.

Where does Huckabee come up with this bull shit? I thought he ended his cozy relationship with the Duggar’s!

Huckabee Pushes Debunked Claim That Gunmen Target Gun-Free Zones

Of course he does! He knows his dumb base won’t bother checking his facts.

This man. This alleged representative of God has seen fit not only to hawk that which amounts to 21st century snake oil but also to support an arguably demented Christian cult.
And this lower form of life is running for the Presidency?

Absolutely repugnant.

Mike Huckabee bears false witness. Again.

Feel free to use that particular headline for any story involving some statement, claim, or baseless fact-free assertion he makes from now until he draws his last deathbed breath.

Oh wow! Huckabee doesn’t know what he’s talking about; who knew?

For a minute there, I thought, finally! An armed psycho with good target selection.

Turn the other cheek. Exhale. Focus on the front sight and gently press the trigger.

The Huckster has been relegated to 2nd tier status for a while now for a reason. Ryand Paul was too embarrassed to be seen with this bunch. Everyone of them still repeating horseshit after bullshit.
What would the truth or a real argument hurt at this point? They aren’t going to win jack shit, so why keep up with the lies and misinformation?