Discussion: How The Senate GOP Got The Votes To Overhaul The Tax Code And Strike A Blow To Obamacare

You’re welcome.

1 Like

I still play this album, it’s timeless. But I still play Beatles albums as well.

1 Like

I forgot to mention the 59th St. Bridge song, Feelin’ Groovy from waaaay back.

1 Like

It’s a shopping list, pay your money, get your critter.

1 Like

It fascinates me how much of the music our parents were sure was terrible is still popular with young people today. Taught swim lessons this morning and the17 to 22 year old life guards were playing Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, ELO, The Who, Jackson Browne, and Eagles… I rarely here anything on deck that is current. Even the kids don’t much like what’s on now.

2 Likes

Still play Linda Ronstadt, Blood Sweat and Tears, and I will never stop playing Crosby Stills and Nash, which I’ve been playing since around 1967 when it first came out… That’s how decrepit I am.

OT but I’m glad to know you’re a swimmer because I am too at a great Y but am on hiatus for complicated reasons.

@silvrfox He deserves more than a week.

1 Like

And let’s not forget Creedance Cearwater Revival, Janis Joplin and (a little later in the time line) Carly Simon. I tell my kids regularly, "yeah, we screwed things up royally, but we had a great sound track… "

2 Likes

Two things can be deduced from this:

1. This is the “pro quo” for all the “quid” the bribers, er donors, gave to the greedy old pricks.
  2. susan collins is retiring from politics, whether by her own choice remains to be determined.

I hear you, still playing those myself. And Three Dog Night, Ace, Carole King, James Taylor, Nicollette Larson, Bonnie Raitt and a few others. And you aren’t much more decrepit than myself, as I as well remember all those folks. :wink:

1 Like

@daulphin

Carole King and Joni Mitchell. Always Sweet Baby James (even if he treated Simon very badly but I digress), and over too soon Little Feat.

1 Like

Oh how I miss Little Feat. Saw them in DC. People where dancing so much on the balcony I was afraid it would fall down! Saw Joni Mitchell several times at Wolf Trap, the most memorable she played with Pat Methany, Jaco Pastorious, and Thelonious Monk. I am fortunate enough to live in the same town with Gene Parsons of the Byrds, Bill Burtrell, Ralph Humphreys, and a lot of the old San Fransisco music scene. Gene, in particular, and all the others have been doing an enormous number of performances to benefit those who lost everything in the California fires. Which is a damn good thing as this administration isn’t sending anything to California of disaster relief. We didn’t vote for Trump, we get no disaster funding.

1 Like

Yup, yup and yup.

I definitely like all the folks you mentioned, but have to confess that I tend to not know much about the “who’s partnered with who” kind of stuff. Certain artists, once I know something about them, do manage to find there way onto my “you are dead to me” list (e.g. Woody Allen) but I’ll confess I don’t know enough about James Taylor and their relationship (other than the two google hits I just had a quick look at) and one of them was Carly Simon saying she still wishes him well, so yeah - his music is still on the playlist…

pushy… :smile:

1 Like

My theory is that the folks who vote for this monstrosity are focused entirely on “cultural” issues (abortion, gay marriage, “those people” being allowed to the front of the bus, etc). Promise to fix (i.e. undo) these things and you can give tax breaks to gazillionaires, you can grope women, you can be a pedophile, What Evah! Just promise that you are an agent of God, come to set things right and you’ll be just fine.

Now, the thing is - these people are not the majority. They benefited from the Bernie Bros and Steinbots, they benefited from Putin’s schenanigans, they benefited from a whole slew of one-off events that all came together at once. It has the potential to change the game, or if we all get mad and push back, it’ll all just be one of those “can you really understand why we voted for Herbert Hoover? I mean, really - The Great Depression!”

Or, as my Scottish-Australian mother used to say - “This too, shall pass…”

1 Like

Who would have thought that Susan Collins would be one of the corrupt ones…
Gawd, they are all worthless and crooks!

1 Like

Pictures from the Collins rally back in Maine…

3 Likes

Nailed it. The ‘attention deficit voter’ ignorant of history, will blame Democrats because they, at some point (2018 please be blue!), will have to clean up this mess (read; cancerous legislation).

Shout out to @richardinjax who has summed it up nicely.

Yes, dung beettles are cool !

1 Like

"The Senate passage advances the bill to a conference with the House,
where its differences with a version passed before Thanksgiving must be
hammered out with no democrats providing input".

Fixed it.

How appropriate a photo! Well done!!
“Peace on our time” indeed.

I’d be fine seceding New England along with parts of NY and NJ and moving on without the rest of them.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available