Discussion: House Republicans Aren't Sold On A Mitt Romney Re-Run In 2016

"Certainly Richard Nixon made a comeback far greater than Mitt Romney has to make, having been the nominee of the party and losing, and eight years later being the nominee of the party and winning," Darrell Issa said.

So Willard’s going to rely on a double-shot of Southern Strategy and a weak Democrat candidate?

“He’s telling people, wisely, that there were mistakes in the last campaign. We obviously didn’t win,”

Well that does it. What Democrat could even stand up to an opponent who practices such brutal self-criticism and critically honest probity? They’re intellectual Ubermen. We’re Toast I tell ya!

1 Like

Wow! When you invoke the name ‘Richard Nixon’ as an example of your “come-back kid”, your problems are much bigger than you think.

“The problem is that you get caught up in the competitiveness of a campaign and all the consultants want to make you something you’re not.  I’ve allowed that to happen to me.” - Former Master of the Universe, Rmoney, October 2012

Said Charles Pierce:  "Because my party is insane…I had to “pretend to be more of an ideologue than I am” in order to get nominated.

Ah! Got it.  It’s never your fault.  It’s the damned hired help.  They ran over a Master of the Universe with their cloven hooves and turned him into someone he was not. In Reich-Wing land that alibi works. Flawlessly.

The furious and very white “People-of-the-Bag” party will never go for him, nor Bush. Which will make for some my-tee-fine-tee-vee!

3 Likes

Just what is the Klan position on Mormons?

3 Likes

Well, I don’t ever recall seeing any pointy-magic-outerwear.
So there’s that.

jw1

2 Likes

I don’t think they get along all that well.
Klan members, after all, marry their own cousins. On the other hand, Fundamentalist Mormons already are their own cousins.

2 Likes

Where’s AnnColter when you need her?

The Missionary position!!!