Discussion: House Freedom Caucus Pushes Short-Term Spending Bill To Avoid 'Bad Border Deal'

1 Like

They haven’t figured out that they’re irrelevant yet, have they…?

46 Likes

The House Freedom Caucus: The appendix of Congress. And they’re inflamed.

24 Likes

An appendectomy in short order, please.

8 Likes

Bless their broken little hearts…

8 Likes

Posturing for the base.

10 Likes

They don’t have the votes to do a damn thing. They aren’t called the Freedumb caucus for nothing.

16 Likes

I’m sure Speaker Pelosi can file that legislation for them, probably in a cylindrical cabinet.

15 Likes

Not so sure how big a base they have any more.

How many of the FC morons have been sent home in the last several elections? I mean, I could be wrong and they might all still be there, but the turnover this last time around had to have sent some of them packing.

5 Likes

“Like many of my colleagues, I am frustrated that this current proposal ignores input from experts on our southern border,” Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ),

Hypocritical MoFo’s.

18 Likes

Wait, now they want time to read legislation before voting on it. They were fine voting on the tax giveaway bill without reading it.

20 Likes

Which experts were these?

As I recall, the representative that represents the constituents in Texas in his district (Hurd) that comprises some 800 miles of the border that’s supposed to be walled in has gone on record saying they don’t need and don’t want it.

Those experts?

Or the ‘experts’ that stand to profit from the construction?

24 Likes

Yes. They should really go hibernate for at least the next two years. Those days of the tail wagging the dog are over.

7 Likes

They’re going for the rupture.

11 Likes

I do not like Mark Meadows.

16 Likes

He’s a 10 on the Green Eggs scale.

14 Likes

waiting for that other shoe to drop.

4 Likes

Have you jackoffs noticed Boehner hasn’t been speaker for a while now? That you’re not quite the world-bestriding rulers you once were? That you’re a thorn in the side of the minority party now? And that we’re putting the new cover sheets on all the TPS reports now? Because I can see you get a copy of all those memos.

29 Likes
  • “The conference report is projected to be thousands of pages long and was negotiated behind closed doors,” House Freedom Caucus Mark Meadows said in a statement. “We believe that Members should be given enough time to read it before voting on it, so they can decide whether or not a better deal can be negotiated.” *

Strange how they never seem to feel this way about, say, a gigantic fucking tax cut bill.

21 Likes

“Yoo, hoo, Mr. Meadows…”

37 Likes