Discussion: Hillary Backs Obama's 'New Direction' In US-Cuba Relations

Discussion for article #231317

Smart. Further confirms that POTUS made a smart political, as well diplomatic and humanitarian, choice.

5 Likes

You bet! She is smart enough to have learned from her years with Obama on foreign policy. She was such an automatic hawk before her time as SOS, but it looks like she’s learned the values of diplomacy and negotiation over guns.

6 Likes

Waiting for someone to come on to trash the new Cuban policy because Hillary supports it–even though they supported it just yesterday!

3 Likes

Rubio and Cruz and J Bush and other Republicans made fools of themselves yesterday. They don’t know that yet, but they’ll find out soon enough. Good!

8 Likes

Bring 'em on! Let 'em run headlong in the wrong political direction!

Normalizing relations is the right thing to do. The fact that it sends the Batista Mafia in Miami into a meltdown is just lagniappe.

6 Likes

Clinton continued. "As I have said, the best way to bring change to Cuba
is to expose its people to the values, information, and material comforts of the outside world."

Ron Popeil is sifting through his storage unit as we speak.
Shamwow’s Vince Offer readies by snorting something off the hood of a Lincoln.
While Billy Mays spins in his grave.

jw1

6 Likes

And Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

jw1

6 Likes

When SNL was at its best. ~sigh~

5 Likes

Obama just delivered her Florida in 2016…

1 Like

That won’t be long.

honestly, once the pope’s involvement was disclosed, i knew this was going to be great entertainment. however was marco going to walk back his original reaction… i know – double down… i’m waiting to see what the republicans do to canada in retaliation for their complicity… lol

oh, and to the list of screeching republicans, add those media magnets – st johnnie, lindsey graham and perennial presidential candidate, mitt romney…

4 Likes

“Despite good intentions, our decades-long policy of isolation has only strengthened the GOP’s regime’s grip on power,” . “As I have said, the best way to bring change to Tenn,alabamee,missispee,georgia,floreda, lusianna,kentuckee,just to name a few is to expose its people to the values, information, and material comforts of the outside world.”.

lol Couldn’t help myself, it was to easy.
Keep talking Hillary, the gop testees are shrinking by the minute. lol lol

3 Likes

Classic jw…classic. I remember those early SNL episodes since i had to sneak downstairs when the 'rents were asleep and watch TV with the volume turned down as a low as I could.

The Franco bit was one that has always stayed with me.

5 Likes

Teapublicans only back the statements of the Pope when abortion is involved. When the Pope denounces capital punishment or the scaling back of social support for the poor? crickets

4 Likes

I’m shocked that our resident Purity Trolls haven’t glommed onto this Hillary thread so they can call her names and tell us how she’s not going to be the candidate in 2016.

1 Like

All the more reason I expect an incoming attempt by the GOP/Teatrolls to paint it as being evidence of Obama and HRC “disregarding and disrespecting the hispanic community.”

2 Likes

The one whose name shall go unspoken is resting with the fishes until April 15.

R.I.P. LMCbW!

2 Likes

How do you figure?