Discussion: Hill GOPers Aren't Thrilled With Donald Trump's Debate Performance

The faintest praise may have come from the junior senator from Georgia.

“He was strong without being offensive, which I think surprised a lot of people last night,” said Sen. David Perdue (R-GA).

Yes, I was totally shocked by how strong he was.

I’ll just show my own strength by declining to make the obvious connection to his body odor. Kind of like HO declining to attack Bill Clinton :triumph:

6 Likes

Perdue said “He was strong without being offensive”… Fine if you’re cheese. While Drumpf is the right color, he could, also, be a traffic cone

9 Likes

These “statesmen” have the spines of jellyfish.

Which reminds me: Fuck You, Sid McCrashcup, you worthless waste of air, skin and space!

Ah. That’s better.

15 Likes

Let me sum it up for you, stupid baggers on the “hill”…

HILLARY WON!!

Actually, she cleaned the floor with the orange mop! She was that good!

18 Likes

Like and agree X 1000!

1 Like

“For her to get a pass and act like she’s gotten past [the e-mail scandal], I don’t think that’s inappropriate.”

Perhaps you didn’t get the memo, Senator.

There. Is. No. Email. Scandal.

32 Likes

He was strong without being offensive, which I think surprised a lot of people last night,” said Sen. David Perdue (R-GA).

Sounds a lot like a commercial for deodorant!

14 Likes

"I think it was a push. Neither one of them did a particularly good job of going to the undecideds," Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC) said, adding that Trump has still continued to defy expectations even when he’s been discounted before.

in what universe?

6 Likes

Democrats should start pounding on Republicans when they bring up foreign policy “failures”. Maybe, talk about how Republicans refused to increase funding for embassy security a few days before the Benghazi attack.

10 Likes

I’m worried that Ted Cruz’s abominable timing will kill his chances of getting on Dancing With The Stars after he leaves office.

18 Likes

“For her to get a pass and act like she’s gotten past [the e-mail scandal], I don’t think that’s inappropriate.”

You’re right it isn’t inappropriate, because she past that dead horse a mile back.

7 Likes

But Rubio, Trump did his best impression of you yet! He did the desperate sipping from the water bottle, the repetitive sound bite when clueless about the topic, and even the ‘our military is in shambles’ routine.

3 Likes

Fake hustle on display. All GOPers came out today reading the “post-debate” talking points handed out by Kellyanne Conway last week.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it just a couple weeks ago that McTurtle and Ryan assured the public that there are checks and balances to what a President can do? So if HO wins they have a plan to keep HO inline which goes against HO’s base, the Washington outsider, if they go too strong on HO’s Presidential abilities they’ll scare off the mega donors (except for the MIC boys and girls). And didn’t some one today point out the worst HO does the better the stock market does?
God I wish I had antacid concession at the Capital.

3 Likes

The faintest praise may have come from the junior senator from Georgia.

“He was strong without being offensive, which I think surprised a lot of people last night,” said Sen. David Perdue (R-GA).

Perdue’s function in the U.S. Senate is to make Johnny Isakson look good by comparison.

3 Likes

They have a plan. It’s called instantaneous impeachment.

Maybe simultaneous double impeachment, since Ryan and Pence aren’t exactly buddy-buddy.

Oooh pray tell which of the two is the more Christian Dominionist? Or are they fighting for who is the bigliest Ayn Rand fan boy?

Looks like Trump’s Russian pals were busy trying to spin the results:
Trendsmap.com shows #TrumpWon hashtag started in Russia

In other news, the internet wing of Trump’s Alt-Right supporters are having a massive sad:
Pepe’s post-debate identity crisis: Online alt-right turns on Donald Trump after his presidential debate fiasco

3 Likes

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) has never been a Trump fan, but he also thought Trump could have done a lot more to challenge Clinton’s assertions on policy.

He’s kidding, right?

Another disadvantage of having no knowledge is that you’re in no position to question someone else on policy issues…for fear of being exposed.

You’re talking about a guy who doesn’t know the nuclear triad, has no concept of US foreign policy, history of NATO, AA history, etc.

Don’t they even know their own candidate?

6 Likes