Discussion: 'High Time': Hatch Introduces Medical Marijuana Bill, Unleashes Pot Puns

Long ago, I located in Oregon, slogged my way though the communes and the shopping center parking lots to canvass and sign up to change the MJ laws. We were getting no where until the Medical angle was introduced, and though it was treated in some circles (like Climate Change, now) the Medical angle saved the day. I wish you swift passage of the Federal Law, sweet Tena, so you can get some well deserved peace with your medication.
Merle

2 Likes

It was the summer before I was a junior.

I’m a year older, so we really started at the same time in our lives.

Bless you for that work to legalize! And thank you so much for everything.

@thunderclapnewman - yep I thought so. I started school before I was 6 because I turned 6 shortly after the school year started and I could read and write and I went to private school the first year. So I graduated when I was 17.

2 Likes

I’ve seen firsthand where someone ended up in a nearly psychotic state due to hospital giving the patient Ambien at night to help the sleep…was on a list of previously used meds and the hospital didn’t realize the patient wasn’t using them any more because of just such a reaction. Once they stopped giving the Ambien the problems vanished by the next day. Was literally the difference between talking to a totally sane person and trying to talk to a completely crazy person. I’ve seen plenty of people on acid back in the day, and this was far worse!

2 Likes

Wow. I couldn’t help but think that had to be so given the absolutely insane side affects. I had a friend who was taking it for awhile and she gained like 15 pounds from walking and eating in her sleep.

1 Like

And when you take a drug since you were in diapers like (apparently) everyone here, you never get surprised by it (suicidal thoughts? Are you kidding me?). Of course there are side effects, but you know them and can compensate - like Brad Pitt says in “12 Monkeys” - Know your doses! Know your doses!

1 Like

hhahahahahahahahaha I always tell people who say “I can’t do that anymore it makes me paranoid” that their problem is they aren’t doing it enough.

It gets extremely easy to recognize that that’s what you’re doing and make it go Poof! Provided you smoke often enough to get used to it.

2 Likes

So, you “don’t smoke any less, either”?

1 Like

Prez Hatch? Yikes! No…

That is useful information.

Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28 1963. My visiting cousins from Chicago decided to 'help take edge off’ my personal grief and anxiety by exhaling in my face and we laughed together.
I had just turned 13 and my first candidate (JFK) I volunteered for had won and had been inexplicably taken from us and nothing was ever the same again. It was true love from that moment to this.
It has never failed me, and that is saying something in this life.
Merle

4 Likes

I bow in your direction - (-.-) (_ _) (-.-)

November baby, here. I know it far too well.

1 Like

I hope this passes. As a former smoker who has bad arthritis that is getting worse and am now on my third joint replacement that now lives in a recreational-legal state and found myself taking a hell of a lot less opioid medication before and after my last joint replacement due to high CBD products, I could not be a bigger proponent of legalizing pot and saving people from suffering due to lack of adequate pain relief or doctors that don’t want to prescribe opioids.

1 Like

President Hatch would be whole universes better than either President Pence or President Ryan.

1 Like

Sessions won’t be pleased…

And that bar is practically subterranean.

You’re saying that a swarm of tornadoes would be preferable to a hurricane. Not a choice.

1 Like

Oh sure. But that doesn’t mean it’s not there.

When given a choice between “bad” and “worse”, it’s pretty dumb to choose “worse” out of pique.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available