Discussion: Helsinki As US-Russia Summit Locale Would Let Putin Get Back For World Cup

1 Like

Good time for Manafort to flip.

4 Likes

Man, I love it. “Can we make it Helsinki? It’s closer, see, and there’s this ball game I don’t want to miss.” Really going to enhance our national prestige, this summit, I can see that.

Any time you’re in jail is a good time to flip. They’d probably have to relocate his daughters to a space vehicle of some kind to keep them safe but I figure NASA can hook that up easily enough.

6 Likes

Are we paying for his hotel too?

6 Likes

Great. Just at the same time I’m going to be there. I can’t get away from this motherfucker, even on vacation.

7 Likes

I suspect that Trump will not be welcomed in Helsinki with the same enthusiasm Bill Clinton was.

https://www.quora.com/How-is-Donald-Trump-viewed-in-Finland

3 Likes

:scream: Poor you!

1 Like

Some have said but aren’t quite sure that Finland has mostly white people .

3 Likes

Helsinki is a city that is plain and small scale and clearly shows that Finland never had royalty. No palaces, no imposing squares, no gilt, everything humanscale. The big deal is the market at the Harbor, with stalls selling produce and herring – and sit down tables with plastic tablecloths where you can sip your salmon soup.

I loved it. Trump will HATE it and I wouldn’t be surprised if he tweets shit about his hosts. You call this a capital city? I’m sure he has no idea what he’s in for. He probably never rightly knew where Finland is.

5 Likes

Trump and World Cup – both bought and paid for!

3 Likes

Plus in mid July it doesn’t dark until just before sunrise.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

[quote=“26degreesrising, post:9, topic:74087”]
I’m sure he has no idea what he’s in for. He probably never rightly knew where Finland is.
[/quote]If he did, it’s only because he hit on Miss Finland and she made nervous conversation until she could make her escape.

2 Likes

Mattis is drafting his resignation letter. He’ll need it for when Trump announces NATO is a provocative organization and the U.S. is withdrawing from it and defunding the common defense of Europe. You know, so we can get along better with Russia.

2 Likes

It’s too bad he’s not going to be there in winter for round the clock dark. That’s what Trump deserves.

1 Like

Yes, let’s kiss the fat ass of some motherfucking dictator so he doesn’t have to watch the final soccer match on the TV in his hotel room.
Oh, and Putin is a prick, too.

Perhaps some doughty, renegade Finnish folklorists can kidnap Trump and bury him in the muskeg up to his neck, and invite a starving møøse to gnaw on his do.

SAMPO!

2 Likes

They should blast “Finlandia” by Jean Sibelius (originally written as a protest against press censorship by the Russian Empire) outside the meeting of Trump and Putin like they did heavy metal to Noriega in Panama in 1989.

3 Likes

No just the pee girls.

Putin will likely give Trump a new re-mastered DVD of the famous Pee Pee tape, with added scenes that he never saw before. That should keep him compliant.

Now that you mention it, Trump pretty much had to go to them, Kim and now Putin. Singapore is much closer to North Korea than it is to Washington DC and Helsinki is not all that far from Moscow. Closer to St. Petersburg.

Rather demeaning now that I think about it.

2 Likes