Discussion: Happy Tax Day! IRS Online Payment Site Goes Down Amid Filing Deadline

1 Like

I don’t think anybody anticipated…

2 Likes

Russian Donnie’s friends?

2 Likes

Just ran into this. I’ve gotten used to using it – mail my return because my past use of fully electronic filing resulted in identity theft most likely from insecure systems at a tax software firm, but use direct pay to IRS from checking since the postal service could lose a check. Fortunately I didn’t wait until after the post office was closed today to discover this. You’d think, though, the IRS should be happier to receive a deposit directly a day late than get the check in the mail and then take however many days to process it. They should have owned this failure.

1 Like

GOP solution: keep cutting the IRS budget until the agency is working perfectly.

3 Likes

Wonder if putin is just showing off for his buddy trump. Just to let him know to be careful about his sanction ideas and other items of interest to putin.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but how freakin’ hard is it to run a website?

A simple website, not so hard - one that is capable of accommodating flash mobs that number in the millions wishing to submit confidential user data and complete complex financial transactions? Errrr, actually a bit tricky, to say the least.

Having said that - “You had one job, Jones…”

3 Likes

As of tax day April 17 Trump won’t be able to use his excuse that the IRS is auditing his 2017 returns!
I wonder what his excuse will be for his 2017 tax forms, anyone care to guess what his new excuse will be?

Kinda sad that ya only get to have this kinda fun …once a year …

good thing we here have TPM …

We get to have fun … ALL THE FUCKING TIME ! –

(sorry …
that was a bad gateway … )

1 Like

What they failed to mention is that money is now tied up being spent for tRump’s trips to Mar-a-Loco, NJ and VA golf courses, Pruitt’s new hires, security detail, dome of silence, kevlar, Zinke’s flights, and Mnuchin’s trips to Fort Knox to check on his private cache’ of gold. But…no worries.

So I assume we can’t check in to see if Donald’s audit is finished yet, either.

And these people had the nerve to complain about the ACA website fuckup.

2 Likes

His electronic filing broke the system–so many forms, so little time…

1 Like

"My dog ate it"