Discussion: Gun Store Employee Accidentally Shoots Himself

Discussion for article #223290

Well, obviously the answer to this is that we need more guns.

6 Likes

Seriously, what kind of gun owner would empty the magazine, except for one round? What kind of gun store employee wouldn’t ensure that the safety was on before handling another person’s weapon?

The only thing that can stop a bad gun store idiot is a good gun store idiot. Which was which is hard to say in this story.

2 Likes

Gun Safety 102: First Aid

8 Likes

Bad hand with a gun, good hand, yada yada yada…

1 Like

A typical one.

If people were smart, if people didn’t fuck up, if people didn’t get careless, guns would be fine (except for the flip out massacres). But people are imperfect.

And when there is an error, it is too easily fatal to anyone in the line of fire.

And TPM, show a little care in your clipart. Unless, of course, it was a 9mm revolver that had its “magazine removed” but “one in the chamber”.

4 Likes

One still in the chamber. Once again, failure of US math education.

4 Likes

I’m going top propose an amendment to the ACA that should impact overall health costs. Accept pre-existing conditions and all of the good stuff, but let’s exclude stupid gun accidents. Let the ‘personal responsibility’ crowd foot their own bills 100%.

6 Likes

Hey great, I bet we get to pay for this 69-year-old derp’s Medicare bills!

Many readers here have never handled a gun (although it clear many commenters have) but guns don’t just ‘go off’ randomly. Gun safety is actually very sophisticated and guns only discharge when the trigger is pulled, intentionally or accidentially. You wouldn’t know this from the endless stream of accidental discharge stories we see literally daily.

This gun store employee has to be complete idiot. He violated the most basic tenant of gun safety. Every time you pick up a gun you know there is a bullet in the chamber, with or without a magazine. You know that bullet is there until you remove it. This could never happen to me or anyone else with a 3 digit IQ.

I’m constantly jaw-droopingly stunned by the endless reports of accidental discharges often with tragic results.

Of course in this case, I’m glad this moron shot himself. He deserved to be shot.

BTW, While I’ve handled and owned guns since I was a teen, I support gun control. I resigned from the NRA while still in high school following it’s take over by absolutist kooks.

4 Likes

“Profanity is the effort of a feeb mind trying to express itself forcibly” but I cannot help myself.

Fucking stupid.

2 Likes

To hell with the wounded employee. Please just tell us all what matters most. Is the gun okay?

I mean, the story says this gun was already in the shop for “repairs”. Is it still functional? Is there any way we can help it? Please tell me it wasn’t damaged further when the round went off.

The gun just has to be okay. Let’s just hope the authorities do whatever they can to ensure us that this Freedom Machine eventually recovers and finds its way back to a loving owner in the hope it can be used to shoot an innocent person, the way our Founding Fathers and Baby Jesus intended.

2 Likes

But I counted. I swear I did!

2 Likes

Just read the original article—the genius had his hand over the muzzle when he shot. Unbelievable. If you keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, even negligent discharges are relatively minor things.

2 Likes

“Hand Job” NRA style.

4 Likes

If we could confine stupid shit like this to gun stores, gun shows, NRA events, etc., I wouldn’t be concerned about the lack of gun regulation.

…aiming for his foot?

1 Like

< BING BING BING > Thread winner…

FREEDUMB!!!one1!

1 Like

It’s obvious his left hand was threatening him. He was just standing his ground.

1 Like