Discussion: Grassley Opens The Door To Lame Duck SCOTUS Confirmation Of Garland

1 Like

Wow, Senator Grasshole must be getting nervous…

30 Likes

He looks like Admiral Akbar’s evil twin.

15 Likes

He must know that if HRC wins, she may well ask BHO to withdraw Garland from consideration.

16 Likes

So!

It’s nothing to do with politics after all…

Why am I not shocked?

23 Likes

He doesn’t know about " make hay when the sun shines " ----

Farmer/rancher my ass —

4 Likes

I think Obama should just mention he is considering withdrawing the nomination now and get this game of chicken going full bore.

50 Likes

…if he’d like an appointment to SCOTUS.

28 Likes

If I’m Obama I withdraw Garland the day after the election and let Hillary nominate someone much younger and liberal to teach them a lesson. Hillary can always nominate Garland later.

44 Likes

You are a lying filthy COWARDLY hack. There is no ‘understanding’ Chuck. This was all you and the GOPper boys thinking you were SO SMART and now that your ass is getting a little toasty you are ‘reconsidering’ Merrick Garland. What a bunch of twits you have become.

38 Likes

You wanted the people to decide and that’s what we’re doing. Eat it you fuck nut.

10 Likes

Obama nominated Garland specifically to highlight that Senate Republicans weren’t actually being hypocritical, they actually had no principles at all besides obstruction. He accomplished that goal. So if and when Clinton wins in November she should nominate whoever she wants. Someone like a 35-year old bisexual black feminist social worker with a law degree who openly supports BLM, or a first-generation Mexican immigrant, or fuck it, Deray McKesson.

33 Likes

Ackbar has better skin.

4 Likes

there was an “understanding” that Supreme Court vacancies that opened in up in a president’s final year should not be filled by that president, according to the Sioux City Journal.

An “understanding” by criminal fuckhead Republicans to not do their job and simply make this “understanding” up out of whole cloth.

34 Likes

Now watch and see which members of the media promptly and dutifully regurgitate that “understanding” lie. Good odds on Mrs. Andrea Mitchell Greenspan (R-Shill) I think.

22 Likes

There’s an understanding? When did this come about? Was it when Peter Pan beat the snot out of Captain Hook?

Personally, I think the president should announce he’s pulling Garland’s nomination one second after Hillary becomes the President-elect. I think Grassley will get more dirty looks from Republicans than George Soros does.

10 Likes

“…Senator Grasshole…”

i love it!

6 Likes

I love the idea of Obama “considering” withdrawing the nomination, but he should wait until just before the first debate. Let them stew on it while tRump gets his head handed to him

7 Likes

I was kindof hoping President Obama would call an extraordinary session of congress in August for the sole purpose of approving Judge Garland, but alas, it’s not to be.

At this point, it’s entirely up to President Obama, isn’t it? If he really thinks Judge Garland is the best one for the job, he simply makes that known to Sec. Clinton and she’s gonna honor it. (And honestly, my hunch is that she was included on the discussions back when Garland was selected, so she may be just as much a fan of Garland as the President is.)

10 Likes

‘Please, to correct:’

Current iteration of repugnicans in Congress have ALWAYS been “twits”.

Because their voters are twits.

1 Like