Discussion: GOP Senator Says It's 'Hard' To Imagine Obamacare Repeal Passing This Week

Not subtle is it.

1 Like

Send that to her ASAP.

Is that true? There definitely seems to be something wrong with her, and she’s not that old. Born in 1952, but sounds older.

Will someone tell Conway to just shut up already!

Republicans fall in line. Period.

1 Like

Good for Manchin, I guess. His constituents will be some of the ones screwed, those that haven’t died due to drug abuse.

1 Like

This was how the US military approached fighting in Vietnam. They’d burn a village in order to save it. We lost that war. But let’s do it again.

@chelsea530 @leftcoaster I have to say first it’s very disheartening to bump up against so much pessimism and negativity based on what a senator says on a talk show. Also, there have been 98 comments on Collins versus less than 60 for any of the other senators who have been reported on here as also waffling. That tells me something.

Finally, I believe that Collins will join, Murkowski, Manchin, Heller and others whose name I can’t recall in voting no but can’t say so yet for fear of the Turtle… They have large aging populations full of opioid addicts who rely on Medicaid for a modicum of treatment and everything to lose and nothing to gain if they want to have a career in politics in the future.

There, I’m done. Maybe tomorrow…

2 Likes

Looks like the turtle man is in deep dodo!

How do you think baby weasels happen?

Susan Collins is full of it. A brownshirt like her fellow GOPers. If the Koch Brothers and Mitch McC say vote for it, they click their heels and vote yes. A “moderate”?? LOL. Check her voting record.

1 Like

This bill become law is genocide. No rail cars, no ovens, no crematoriums, but it’s still genocide.
It is a national disgrace that our federal legislature would even consider, much less pass, such a bill.
Recall the first to be killed were not Jews, gypsies or Russians, but the mentally retarded and physically disabled living in institutions. At that time they were using CO pumped into the back of a van from the engine exhaust.
This bill will just let the poor die from lack of medical attention.
It is exquisite cruelty.

1 Like

Dear Maine,
Stop electing this stooge to the Senate. Elect a progressive and your state will benefit, much more than all the years Susan Collins has sold you out.

2 Likes

Whether or not she is a moderate, is not the issue for me. I read the entire transcript of her interview with Stephanopoulos and TPM should’ve included more of it for context. She has many issues with the bill and I think has a greater understanding of the consequences than some give her credit. I am not
going to second guess whether she will vote for it but as of today it does not seem likely. I am no Pollyanna and she very well could decide to vote yes, but Collins is only one of 54. One quote that seems to reveal she gets it,

" You can’t take over $800 billion out of the Medicaid program and not expect that it’s going to have an impact on a rural nursing home that relies on Medicaid for 70 percent of the costs of its patients. So this is an access issue as well as one having to do with cost."

What isn’t getting widespread publicity is that not only the poor suffer. The GOP bill allows the insurance companies to reinstate lifetime caps on their policies. This will effect middle-class people who get their insurance through their employers as well. Those people get cancer and other expensive diseases, and they will die sooner when their coverage runs out.

1 Like

Without using wiseass remarks or logic, would someone please explain to me how the House or Senate health care bills help America? I just can’t see gop’s logic on this one without the wise ass comments we are all familiar with. What is their common good motive?

Keep lying, Collins. You’ll vote for it because you always do what McConnell tells you to do.

1 Like

The question isn’t what she says, it’s how she votes. Period. She’s always been able to say sensible things about bad republican bills – and then vote for them anyway.

1 Like

Shorter Collins: It’s impossible for me to imagine that they are actually going to force me to publicly stand up Republican leadership. Don’t make me do it! Don’t make me do it!

1 Like

Or not vote for them but not worry about them failing because there are enough other Republicans to cover her nut. She is fucking spineless.

There is NO good motive on their part, it’s just to please either their psycho/rabid base, or the Mercers/Kochs/whomever. It has NEVER been about doing what will help the people who need it most.

Applying logic, in an attempt to understand wingnut/Rethug actions, does not produce results. You may think I’m being a wiseass; I’m not.

As a helpful hint, Google “Cleek’s Law.” It may provide some more insight vis-a-vis their “logic.”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available