Discussion: GOP Senator Demands Dem Retract Ad That Shows Them Smiling Together

Discussion for article #226113

Why is she all butthurt over that? I don’t get Republicans.

18 Likes

Republicans never want to be seen smiling.

11 Likes

OMG WORKING TOGETHER IS AWFUL!!!

//////ohnoes

17 Likes

Because working with Democrats is collaboration with evil. As is, for that matter, educating yourself about the issues of the day, believing that “public policy” isn’t a synonym for “tyranny,” offering lese magiste to Rush Limbaugh, and any number of other offenses. More kinds of treason to the Republican Party (whose nominee she was not, oddly enough) than there were to the King in Tudor England.

11 Likes

Well, not unless they’re witnessing, perpetrating or contemplating the gratuitous infliction of suffering on animals, poor people or foreigners. Then its mandatory.

7 Likes

Begich is being clever and smart.

Murkowski is being petty and bitter.

Thus endeth the lesson in basic differences between Democrats and Republicans.

14 Likes

Murkowski won with a write-in campaign, if I remember, which was kinda roguish,and she doesn’t want to be seen as just another run of the mill craven uncooperative pol who likes her Senate seat better than she likes Alaskans. And Joe Miller is still alive and well.

7 Likes

See Feb, 2003 court decision re: Fox News vs Florida. Lying is a their Constitutionly protected First Amendment Right.

Get over it. ( the kinder way of saying Go Pound Sand! )

4 Likes

Oh my, is she now gonna go crai?

3 Likes

Begich should thank Murkowski for helping call attention to his ad. The takedown try is simply a way of covering her backside. I’ll bet behind the scenes they’re both smiling.

5 Likes

In fairness, both of their smiles looked painted on and and a bit…creepy. At least to me.

5 Likes

I can’t understand why a picture of two people smiling is objectionable. Maybe Begich should have given Murkowski a “moon shot” then Pubbies might have a valid gripe.

3 Likes

Well, so much for collegiality in the Senate.

4 Likes

Republicans, even sane ones (if there arenany left after the purges), don’t want to be seen by the fringe of their party as being in any way working with or being tolerant of the democrat party…

3 Likes

Pesky, ah, what you call ca-mir-ah…you know, reality…

1 Like

Democrats in AK elected Murkie. She knows it.

1 Like

She’s hurt because teabillies imagine that passing bipartisan legislation is treason.

2 Likes

Ewwwwwww, moderate cooties! Pretty soon people will assume that Murkowski actually wants Alaska to stay part of the US.

5 Likes

How did it ever get to the point where a senator is threatening legal action against the other senator from the same state just because they appear together, smiling, in a photograph? It is the most routine of photo ops and means absolutely nothing, but don’t try to sell that to a wingnut.

NO COMPROMISE, NO SURRENDER!!!

Lisa Murkowski has managed to jump up several notches on the Requires Frontal Lobotomy list.

3 Likes