Discussion: GOP Senator Calls On Trump To 'Lay Blame' And Condemn White Nationalism

A first step only. Get your Republican colleagues in Congress together and figure out what you’re going to do about the amoral creature your party nominated, supported, and got into the WH. Words are not enough any more.

9 Likes

Oooh, oooh! Who’s next to be primaried? You are!

2 Likes

Even if Trump were to call out these monsters, it’s too late. The time to make the statement was yesterday. His words will ring hollow now.

12 Likes

Dear Senator Gardner: so you’ll cease voting in lockstep with Trump-supported legislation from now on, yes?

Oprah: YOU get a primary! and YOU get a primary! And YOU get one! and YOU! and YOU!

4 Likes

So when Donald Trump was taking his Birther-in-Chief on the road, Cory called him out right?

This from his spokesman: “Cory believes … Obama is most likely a citizen. But he finds it very curious that this could all be ended if he [Obama] just released the long-form birth certificate and put it to bed.”

Sorry, Cory - your moral outrage is a little late to the party.

16 Likes

Mr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism.

Good for him.

(I get that he´s mostly a dick, but - baby steps!)

4 Likes

I’ve no love or respect for any Rethugs but I’ll at least give Gardner some credit on stepping up to the plate. Those Rethugs who’ve remained silent, like the majority of them, are White supremacists as well.

5 Likes

This actually seems like the best trap for R’s that want him gone to lay. All he has left is the ‘alt-right’. If they can get him to disavow them he might lose enough support for them to safely turn on him.

4 Likes
Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) on Sunday called on President Donald Trump to “step up” and condemn white nationalism in the wake of violence at a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

If I’d had to guess which of the two Senator Cory *ers would take this stand, I’d have thought it would be the one from New Jersey.

2 Likes

I was pretty much going to write that very thing.

If Rump was hemorraging some GOP support in the Senate before this, then this debacle gives them a “Get Out of Jail” card. I say “some” because Senators like Gardner know that their State isn’t that far gone down the nazi rabbit hole. The Deep South is a different ball of wax altogether. But this maybe the final push that GOP Senators can use to disentangle themselves.

But time will tell.

5 Likes

The issue here is NOT the Democrats. I can say with confidence that no Dems are going to support the scum in the WH. This is COMPLETELY on the Rethugs.

6 Likes

“This is not a time for vagaries. This isn’t a time for innuendo or to allow room to be read between the lines

Don’t you fret Senator, trump will have many, many more opportunities to call a spade a spade, unfortunately. You can keep your courageous stance forevermore.

2 Likes

Call evil by its name? I think he did. He could have just said “mr. trump”, not as many syllables.

8 Likes

Let one of these GOP shitheads say again that former President Obama was a race-baiter whose policies acted to divide America. Just one.

6 Likes

Silence is indeed complicity.

3 Likes

Rest assured, one of them will.

My $$ is on any of the Texas House crackers, i.e., Gohmert.

3 Likes

Trump will never denounce white supremacists. We can hound him on that for as long as it takes. “Why won’t you condemn white supremacists, Mr. President? Why? Why won’t you call it domestic terror? Why are you giving them cover? Why? Why? Why?”

7 Likes

I thought these slugs were stamped out in 1945. They are cockroaches; you can’t get rid of them. Trump should read Martin Niemoeller’s poem. He initially was one of them until he saw what the end game was. Too many similarities to 1930s Germany.

3 Likes

P.S. Remember radical Islamic terrorism!? Why not neo-nazis, white supremicists, bigots Mr. President?

5 Likes