Discussion: GOP Sen. Warns Trump Needs Congress' Approval For Preemptive Strike On NK

A nice oblique response to the Gorka nonsense.

3 Likes

And what if he doesn’t seek approval? Thoughts and prayers to undo the attack?

13 Likes

Yeah, like Trump cares what the Constitution says about that.

Stop yapping and do what needs to be done.

6 Likes

Trump is all bluster. The missiles can only reach Chicago. He hates Chicago, and he hates California even more. He’ll only be real when they can reach Palm Beach or Bedminster NJ.
In the meantime, let’s all remember the schtick Trump did with the CNN sign in a WWE fake wrestling episode. That’s what’s going on. Oh, and Manafort is about to get flipped.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’ll take that well.

2 Likes

And i know where Iraqs WMDs are hidden…

That would be the only recourse because it would be too soon to talk about impeachment and it would be unpatriotic in the extreme to exploit the Orlando Korean tragedy for political gain.

On an historical note, somebody should remind the good senator that in 1950 President Truman did not seek a formal declaration of war from Congress; officially, America’s presence in Korea amounted to no more than a “police action.”

4 Likes

and as Rachel pointed out last night the Defense Intelligence unit that is releasing the info on the “miniaturized warheads” are the same people that told us about WMD’s in Iraq.
I’m just waiting for a “smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud”
Condolesa? Condolesa?
Where are you when we need you?

3 Likes

In light of the fact Manafort’s place was raided by the FBI, maybe add an extra sign-off before nuclear launch orders from the President are obeyed?

By the way, could you add 10 extra sign-offs instead?

Thx.

1 Like

Cheney “State” leftovers? Ill have to find and read that…thanks…

My guess it will be “Oops! You know he’s new to this…oh, well, water under the bridge.”
Of course, the water may be boiling by the time they make this excuse.

Let´s hope that they just keep that out of the daily ¨good news¨ report. We don´t want Alaska to be nuked twice.

3 Likes

No, he doesn’t. But you could try repealing the AUMF.

2 Likes

Nope.

The 2001 “Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF)” is a “Get out of Congressional Oversight Free” card that the Trump Administration will play here.

They already have tons of documentation labeling North Korea as a “terrorist state” so the CIC can do whatever the fuck he wants to without any Congressional oversight.

The only way to stop it is to RESCIND the AUMF. Now.

Unintended Consequences strikes again.

3 Likes

Nah, just thoughts and prayers for the victims. The NRA can be of help here.

1 Like

Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-AK) on Tuesday evening warned that President Donald Trump would need approval from Congress if he wanted to preemptively go to war against North Korea.

“If one of the military options that the administration is looking at is a preemptive war on the Korean peninsula launched by the United States, that would require the authorization of Congress,” Sullivan said on Fox News. “Article I of the U.S. Constitution is very clear about that.”

Um, no. Remember the broad AUMF Republicans gave Dubya and keep renewing?

Buzzfeed: 60 Words And A War Without End: The Untold Story Of The Most Dangerous Sentence In U.S. History.

2 Likes

Sorry, moron, the god-king thinks he needs no one’s approval. This is why we are in deep shit. Sad.

1 Like

GOP Sen. Warns Trump Needs Congress’ Approval For Preemptive Strike On NK

This is the same Congress that could not pass healthcare? Sorry, Senator, don’t think Mr. Trump is listening to you right now. He needs a win, a distraction and to carry the next few news cycles.

1 Like

Boy, these back-benchers really have a firm grasp on the obvious, huh? I guess it doesn’t take much to get elected to statewide office in Alaska as long as you got an “R” after your name!