Discussion: GOP Sen. Johnson On Trump's Threatened Shutdown: 'I Don't Think It'd Be Helpful'

Boy ROJO, that’s a pretty strong rebuke there.

17 Likes

Geeze, R’s are frickin’ stupid people.

14 Likes

Wow! You really told him off, Ron.

Just go away.

16 Likes

“Let’s hope not,” Johnson said. “I think hopefully. . . blah blah.

Senator has aspirations of growing a backbone.

10 Likes

Strong words Ron…VERY strong.

I hope you did not singe your lips when you whispered them

10 Likes

Ron Johnson = Less Than Milquetoast

8 Likes

Ron is stuck between using meek words or pissing off Trump.

Good luck Ronny.

3 Likes

The last government shutdown worked out so well for that Texas senator from Canada. Please proceed, mister president.

14 Likes

POTUS is threatening to shut down government and this is all Johnson can muster? Puerto Rico continues to need aid, children and parents of immigrants are being abused by our government while being held as hostages, 50,000 people evacuated from Redding CA area due to fire with 5 deaths and the toll will rise, Yosemite is closed, Trump tariffs cause many billions in losses to farmers and ranchers. Trump threatens to shut down government via tweet while he plays golf at the taxpayers expense.

30 Likes

Senator Johnson:

Well duh!

1 Like

Translation: There will be at least 2 if not more cliff-hanging temper tantrums from the Tangerine Twatwazzle right before the midterms…

Republican House
Republican Senate
Republican President
Republican Shut-down

Meanwhile, 42 vulnerable GOP House incumbents taken off the campaign board during September/October.

10 Likes

I think anything that helps delay/prevent Kavanaugh being seated on the SCOTUS bench is very helpful.

19 Likes

Of course RoJo was not asked about his campaign’s collusion with the NRA/Russian backed group that put up millions of dollars worth of ads for him in 2016.

16 Likes

What did your boss Sergei instruct you to say, Ron?

20 Likes

Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, so instead, he’s going to take our economy and government workers hostage. That’ll show ‘em!

I’m just glad Trump is preemptively taking credit for the potential shutdown, leaving no question as to who’s to blame.

14 Likes

He’s your Frankenstein, Repubicans.

Too bad the rest of us have to deal with the destruction. Must be the stable genius brain …

4 Likes

Funny how it’s only Republicans who are constantly threatening to screw up the operation of government.

11 Likes
12 Likes

Why do so many GOP’ers look like Q-Tips?
And have the same personality and brains as them?

11 Likes