Discussion: GOP Sen. Hoeven Doesn't Back Senate Obamacare Repeal Bill 'As It Stands'

1 Like

WTF does "we continue working on the legislation with the goal of providing greater access to health care and more affordable health insurance,” mean?

These GOP mouthbreathers know that their day of reckoning is coming - the day the GOP finally acts and 20+ million Americans realize they have been bent over and have lost their healthcare.

That day there will be a run on pitchforks and torches that will be epic,

1 Like

“I could still be persuaded to vote yes, perhaps if they take me fishing”, he added. “It sure seemed like fun when Gorsuch was beaming about it.”

1 Like

“Change some punctuation, however, and get me far, far away from a town hall, and yeah, I’ll probably vote for it.”

3 Likes

Okay @pluckyinky, I’m coming around to your side. ND isn’t exactly a hotbed of liberal activism but losing rural hospitals will be devastating.

1 Like

The rural states are finally realizing that they are totally screwed by the Republican bills. Especially the hospitals which most likely be closed by the time this is done.

3 Likes

I am not sure they will really understand how screwed they are until it is too late and they PERSONALLY are affected. Until then it is all either hypothetical or fake news.

Break a leg in rural ND during a February snowstorm and be forced to drive an extra 65 miles to an ER that is still open? Priceless.

Thanks Mitch!

Thanks Paul!

Thanks Donnie!

2 Likes

Hoeven told the audience that he “doesn’t support the bill as it stands,”

The bill is a threat so long as it stands in any of its proposed forms. The only acceptable position is prostrate and properly interred.

"a smooth transition away from Obamacare and toward a health care system that provides greater access to health coverage for low-income individuals either through Medicaid or tax credits based on age and income that will make health insurance more affordable.”

Also known as a 180 and return to the point of the beginning.

1 Like

They’re beginning to realize the economic ripple effects will be tsunamis. This is what could turn the tide on this monstrosity.
cc: @scottsa

1 Like

It really can’t be said enough how badly the Republican base stands to lose with this bill.

2 Likes

“Sen. Hoeven”? Is this guy really a Senator? Never heard of him before.

1 Like

Translation: “I will only vote for this bitl after receiving the proper bribe from Mitch McConnell.”

1 Like

He just wants his graft. Ooh, how about federal tax credits for investing in rural health care, with guaranteed payback?