Discussion: GOP Rep's Instructions To Aides: No 'Unnecessary Conversation' In The Car

2 Likes

What is truly odd is that ā€œTERā€ found it necessary - or is such a micro-manager - that this level of minutia needed to be written down & distributed - seriously, 8-page memo on how to chauffeur a congressman ā€¦ what kind of totally inexperienced rubes is he hiring?

2 Likes

Do not taunt Super Happy Fun TER

2 Likes

Always have a bowl of M&Ms available AFTER having removed ALL brown M&Ms. The Congressman should never see, or be the presence of anything brown.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why this is a story. The only thing even remotely uncomfortable about this is the requirement the aide have a cup of coffee for the Congressman. I do find it a little odd that somebody would write this in memo form. It would seem to be the sort of stuff that an aide would be told by his manager.

No, @bluestation, it doesnā€™t matter if he is a Republican or a Democrat, an aides job is to make his or her boss look good.

My thought exactly.

GOP Repā€™s Instructions To Aides: No ā€˜Unnecessary Conversationā€™ In The Car

What a maroon.

1 Like
One co-author of the eight-page document ā€” which, among many other things, calls for aides to ā€œhave a cup of black coffee availableā€ for Rokita every time they pick him up [. . .]

Failure to carry out this instruction will be considered grounds for dismissal.

Having to be reminded to not blow up at trackers is pretty amusing though.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot here, but itā€™s not terribleā€¦ especially compared to what I heard about some bosses while I was a Hill staffer. I once sat in Sheila Jackson Leeā€™s office for nearly two hours letting her staffers vent to me. ā€œItā€™s okay, sheā€™s not here, let it out.ā€

My boss at the time insisted on driving himself, and on leaving us alone on evenings and weekends. He got agitated when his doctors wouldnā€™t let him drive while he was recovering from heart surgery.

This one sounds pretty normal.

" time to take a ride, it leaves today, no conversation"
Such prima donna, people can be so odd.
ETA: I do like my quiet time.

One co-author of the eight-page document ā€” which, among many other things, calls for aides to ā€œhave a cup of black coffee availableā€ for Rokita every time they pick him up ā€” accused Rokitaā€™s competitor in the upcoming Indiana Republican Senate primary, Rep. Luke Messer (R-IN), of leaking the document, Politico reported.

If I were Rokita, Iā€™d worry less about that leak and more about the leak that his aides will surely have taken in that cup of black coffee that he demands they prepare for him.

1 Like

Lotsa laughs, but thereā€™s really nothing at all unreasonable about any of them. Which leaves you wondering what effect his opponent thinks this will have on primary voters. I think the person who said itā€™s an attempt to peg him some kind of elitist is probably close to the mark. But he just wants a fuckinā€™ cuppa black, nothing about a Starbucks Caramel Mocha Mouseshit Swirl Supreme, like the Mooch is always clutching, and he didnā€™t say ā€œmake sure to park the Prius so the absence of exhaust fumes will not be noticed by the garageā€, and he didnā€™t instruct aides to say ā€œweā€™re sorry but the Congressman has a meeting with Bill Clinton in his limoā€. So what the fuck. The elitism tagging long ago took on its own stench of elitism.

ā€“ Do NOT say to TER, ā€œTodd we have to goā€ or ā€œYou have an appointment at XYZ.ā€ Instead, gently tug on TERā€™s harness leash and politely tell the person/people TER is speaking with that itā€™s nappy-nap time.

1 Like

Is this guy somebody important? I need to know, I guess, because I have never heard of him. He sure thinks He is important.

1 Like

:laughing:

I had this image of a gaggle of very earnest and grossly underpaid staffers competing savagely to offer His Royal High Pomposity that treasured cupā€™o Joe (black only please) Nescafe instant.

The anal douche nozzle and contents MUST be between 97 and 99 degrees Fahrenheit.

Rule # 127: And in conclusion, ALWAYS be sure to compliment Rep. Rokita on the loveliness of his multiple double chins. And his man boobs are NOT to be subjected to any ā€œPurple Nurplesā€.
Letā€™s just try to get this whiteā€¦I mean right, OK, people?!

Iā€™m reading Al Frankenā€™s book and he constantly talks about his staffers and how they keep him in line.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available