Discussion: GOP Rep. Says 'If It Wasn't Sexist' He'd Call His Female Colleagues 'Eye Candy'

this guy deserves a fast pitched softball to the face

1 Like

Well I am a man, and out here in the real world I would call Rep, Walker a PIG! But then, the GOP is full of them.

3 Likes

Years ago Gloria Steinem said many men were little more than “an animated bag of sperm.”
Walker does nothing to disabuse anyone of that notion.

14 Likes

Ergo, by his own confession and too stupid to recognize it, he is sexist!

1 Like

Given that answering would require introspection, it’s obviously a hypothetical question.

6 Likes

but we’ll leave that out of the record

Whoopsie-doodle. Well, have fun puttin’ that back in the bottle.

5 Likes

“If it wasn’t racist, I’d call those coons n*gger.”

8 Likes

Let me guess: nobody respects women more than he does.

11 Likes

GOP Wimminfolk outreach, take #2375.

“The accomplished men and women of the RSC, and women, if it wasn’t sexist I would say the RSC eye candy, but we’ll leave that out of the record, are not attention seekers,” he said.

A number of the men, and one of the women, standing behind Walker laughed at the remark; two other women, however, did not.

4 Likes

There is a rhetorical technique called praeteritio, in which you claim that you are above mentioning some topic, that, hey, you just mentioned, didn’t you, in claiming that you are better than mentioning such things. But it doesn’t work if you just come out and tell people that’s exactly what you’re doing.

I don’t believe the ancient Romans left us a word for dumbassery, not that I would mention such a word in connection with this dumbass even if they had. I am better than that.

3 Likes

Hey Representative Walker:

Here’s some eye, brain, heart, and soul candy for you:

14 Likes

Hey Walker…

2 Likes

12 Likes

TOTAL.

4 Likes

“If it wasn’t sexist to say something really sexist, I’d sure be saying something really sexist and then denying it later.”

2 Likes

Thoughts go on the inside.

3 Likes

O ;for fuck’s sake.

I see they are already working for the women’s votes in the midterms.

3 Likes

Gah, republicans are morons, although some are worse than others. Just saw that Corker is retiring. He’s no Roy Moore, so that’s a loss for somewhat sane republicans. Ouch.

3 Likes

What does the Republican Study Committee do? What does it study? Weird.

1 Like

Just for the record, that’s not how “out of the record” works.

2 Likes