Discussion: GOP Group Signals It's Conceding White House, Plays For Senate Instead (VIDEO)

NOW they want compromise. Bloodsuckers.

15 Likes

People complain that nothing ever gets done in Washington, then they turn around and vote for obstructionism.

19 Likes

I can see where Republicans checking the power of the White House would be critical if Trump is elected.

5 Likes

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce released a new TV ad Friday calling on voters to re-elect vulnerable GOP incumbent Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) to check the power of whichever candidate wins the presidential election.

sad laugh

9 Likes

“You’ve had eight years of almost nothing. Why not four more?”

9 Likes

"…Ayotte’s ability to work “across the aisle” "
The lady’s record speaks to that lie–she’s joined McConnell on every obstruction

16 Likes

ha

NYT is endorsing Katie McGinty over Toomey in PA.

Ms. McGinty’s working-class roots — she is one of 10 children born to a Philadelphia policeman and a restaurant hostess — inform her advocacy. She would raise the federal minimum wage to $15 over four years, and on the whole shows far greater sensitivity to the needs of the jobless and middle-class families than her opponent.

As chairwoman of the White House Council on Environmental Quality in the 1990s, she helped organize the Clinton administration’s successful counterattack against efforts by the Republican Congress to undermine the nation’s basic environmental laws. Later, as Pennsylvania‘s environmental chief, she helped push the state toward greater use of cleaner energy sources like wind and solar, not only as a way to combat climate change but as a source of new jobs in an aging rust-belt economy.

7 Likes

Methinks the US Chamber of Commerce is going to have a difficult time disentangling said Senators from their previous Trump endorsements.

6 Likes

And that’s it. Ayotte’s support (whatever there is of it) counts on her obstructing the WH and NOT reaching across the aisle. She doesn’t have enough compromise support; that’s going to Hassan. Why would they even bother to try this gambit?

4 Likes

they are going to give a try.

2 Likes

Only if they lose the Senate majority. Otherwise, it’s back to all obstruction, all the time.

9 Likes

This is NOT a kids T-Ball game where running up the score is poor form. If give a majority, the GOP will continue to screw Clinton just as the screwed Obama.

So I say: Take no prisoners and run up the score.

9 Likes

How many times has Ayotte reversed course in the past month?

14 Likes

Now the real election begins…

It is all about the Senate…

2 Likes

Ah yes, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the NRA of the plutocrat set, run by a guy — Tom J. Donohue — who is every bit as odious and reprehensible as Wayne LaPierre.

I hope it spends a lot of cash and Ayotte continues to tank in direct proportion to the money they spend.

6 Likes

Trump’s NH #'s

Ayotte’s NH #'s

Sunnu’s NH’s

“Time to see if Harris Teeter is allowing for liquor purchases.” (partial sarcasm)

1 Like

at least twice and I think both times involved Trump.