Discussion: GOP Doubts And Anxieties About Trump Burst Into The Open

2 Likes

“Most party regulars have gone from an initial feeling of guarded optimism that Trump would be able to stumble along while Mitch (McConnell) and (Paul) Ryan do the big lifting and pass our Republican agenda to a current feeling of deep frustration and despair,” Murphy said.

Oh, that´s just adorable! Rs can think the darndest things!

26 Likes

The only thing they doubt is that he says (or Tweets) out-loud what they only say behind closed doors. None of them question his core beliefs, they question his marketing.

37 Likes

Doing big things is hard!

8 Likes

Captn. McConnell and Moby Trump…
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z144/Lui/ahab004.gif

16 Likes

… but they still think Hillary would have been worse…

17 Likes

That line jumped out at me too. Ryan and McConnell and big lifting? Really?

15 Likes

“I don’t think that anything has fundamentally changed between now and
when the election was,” he said. “The president remains an ill-artful,
ill-timed speaker who uses Twitter too often. That’s not new. … The
president is still the same guy and the left is still the same left.”

Shorter: We knew he was a crook, a liar, and a hateful racist–we’re still good with that.

41 Likes

Its about FFFFing time!

Now they need to take the next step, realize what a disaster alt-president Trump is and get him the hell out of there!

12 Likes

Not surprising; a lot of GOP probably WANT him to resign due to his attitude being radioactive

5 Likes

“I don’t think that anything has fundamentally changed between now and when the election was,” he said. “The president remains an ill-artful, ill-timed speaker who uses Twitter too often. That’s not new. … The president is still the same guy and the left is still the same left.”

I’d just love to hear why he thinks the left is so bad. Compared to Trump? Compared to republicans handling of health care? Got some basic human decency in your genes, Brian Westrate? Stop listening to Koch propaganda. Or is all that sweet, sweet money too hard to pass up?

“It’s impossible to see a scenario under which this is sustainable under a four-year period,” Lake said.

The more that also adhere to that opinion, the sooner we can be rid of this man. Hillary knew. Obama knew from experience and realized how unqualified he was for the job.

Republicans: Do the right thing. Do your jobs or be remembered with shame by decent people everywhere.

21 Likes

I’m concerned! I’m troubled! I have bursting doubts! It sucks to be me!

Well, it does, GOP. It sucks to be you. We did try to warn you.

33 Likes

Exactly!

“A lot of people will condemn. I’ve heard Ted Cruz (and) Ryan condemn what happened on Saturday. But have they condemned the way they’ve held up fixing the voting rights act? That’s white supremacy. But have they condemned the way in which they have targeted our immigrant brothers and sisters? That’s a form of racism and white supremacy. And it’s in line with the policy positions of these white nationalists.”
— Rev. Dr. William Barber, on All In with Chris Hayes

39 Likes

A competent Republican would be able to disguise their racism and homophobia.

22 Likes

This recent essay from The New Republic expresses the sense of dread I have been feeling about all this: Donald Trump Is Killing Us

6 Likes

Republican politicians, party officials, advisers and donors expressed worries about whether Trump has the self-discipline and capability to govern successfully

Now you worry? Lots of us saw this problem long before November of 2016. Who knew president-ing could be so hard?

14 Likes

Yeah, it’s like “how dare he be blunt about this stuff we’ve been quietly promoting, and obfuscating, for years! He’ll spoil everything!”

24 Likes

Such a shame!

2 Likes

The poor Republicans. They could make a shit sandwich if they had any bread.

11 Likes

The GOP controls its own destiny. They control both houses of congress and the Supreme Court. If they are smart, they support Mueller’s investigation by impeaching Trump and Pence right now and put Ryan in the White House. Let Mueller throw the book at Trump and the rest for treason and corruption. The Republicans can claim the high ground and voters will support them for choosing country over Trump and Pence and Russia.

6 Likes