Discussion: GOP Congressman: 'Foolish' To Think Humans Can Affect Climate Change

Discussion for article #223686

It’s foolish to listen to a bunch of narcissistic idiots like Republicans.

It’s actually fatally foolish to listen to someone as dumb as a Republican.

5 Likes

‘… since the Earth was created’. Kinda illustrates exactly what is wrong with this douchebag.

3 Likes

The coast of Florida is going to be entirely underwater before long, and yet the FL pols will not own up to the reality of it. Just to say “I’m no scientist” mixed in with the rest of the world salad seems to be enough.

3 Likes

“It changes. It gets hot, it gets cold, it’s done it for as long as we’ve measured the climate,” Miller said.

Goddamn!! A base level of stupid that never seems to find a floor.

7 Likes

Here’s my retort, Congressman Fuckhole:

Smog.

Surely humans couldn’t fill the air with pollutants and cloud out the sun, right? Because Jesus?

8 Likes

Everyone knows that dinosaurs went extinct because they were too large to fit on the ark.

11 Likes

I swear, there’s something in the water in the south.

1 Like

Totally, I mean it’s like the idea that human garbage could combine to form a floating mass the size of Texas, or that we could pollute a river to the point where it catches fire, that air conditioning chemicals could punch a whole in the atmosphere, that we could burn coal and have fish and plant killing acid literally rain down from the clouds! Totally silly.

8 Likes

Irony alert: this guy is on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

2 Likes

“Then why did the dinosaurs go extinct? Were there men that were causing – were there cars running around at that point that were causing global warming? No,” Miller concluded. “The climate has changed since Earth was created.”

Man and dinosaurs not living at the same time. Someone please set fire to this heretic.

5 Likes

Again…Dust Bowl anyone?

1 Like

And because dillhole’s comment reminded me of this:

When Jeff Miller (R-FL) was a young man, he went to the city for a job and one of his co workers brought a thermos to work. “What’s that?” asked Jeff. The man replied, “It’s a thermos you ignorant hick.” “What does it do?” Jeff asked. “It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold.”

The next day Jeff returns to work with a thermos he shoplifted from WalMart, and his co-worker asked what was in it.

“Two cups of coffee and a popsicle.” he replied.

4 Likes

I want to say: “What a moron.” but I know this guy is not STUPID he is just selfish.
As Upton Sinclair said: “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!”

5 Likes

I’ve long said that it’s the heat and humidity that makes you stupid. Just look where they advertise pieces of the ark…or the cross…for sale: Southern audiences.

2 Likes

As the seas continue to rise on the coasts of FL guess who pays for the
rebuilding of the shores?? Bet you can’t guess…
It’s the tax payers of course. All we little people pay to keep the wealthy
and their beach houses from crumbling & washing away in to the ocean.
Aside from that fact, Republicans are too willfully ignorant(stupid)
to have an opinion on anything related to fact or science.

1 Like

I know. Next thing people will be saying is that pavement causes flooding.

1 Like

didn’t he listen to cosmos last night? it is the height of arrogance to think that you have all the answers…f your idiot talking points

1 Like

Climate change isn’t clearly manmade because the dinosaurs went extinct before there were cars. Ay ca-fucking-ramba. I have now, officially and for all time, heard everything.

2 Likes

Whoops! He admitted dinosaurs existed–he must be a RINO! Primary him!

1 Like