Discussion: Giuliani Walks Back Remarks On Trump-Cohen Moscow Project Talks

Flawed strategy, probably, but I’m not sure I’d call it a mistake. He’s just putting this stuff about the hotel out there in case Mueller has proof, then walking it back in case Mueller doesn’t. He’s out in front of the story no matter what happens.

It smells of desperation, though.

6 Likes

Pretty obvious that Trump is a Russian agent. Does anyone know what country Rudy is working for? Is it a country on this planet?

8 Likes

In Giuliani’ s case, he has his disinformation and can eat shit too. Was he smiling when he said his statements were “hypothethical”?

2 Likes

Still not seeing where the SC spokes statement, “BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate.” Is saying the article is not accurate. It says “description” and “certain” and “characterization.” That’s not the same as saying the article in its conclusions or overall direction is inaccurate. Bernstein on CNN Reliable Sources on Sunday gave a similar situation in Watergate reporting where the substance described was totally on but they had mischaracterized statements, which to him sounded like the same situation as here. Plus the 24 hours it took for this response makes one wonder: why so long?

3 Likes

What is this crap?
Rudy knew he was lying at the outset - spins wild yarns - then says "aw - none of it is true "

1 Like
21 Likes

Hey, this is completely off topic, but after a few glasses of fumé blanc …

6 Likes

Nah, Donnie will Sue for legal malpractice. It’s a great opportunity to avoid having to pay Rudy (you can be the hasn’t yet) and making some $ in the deal on top of stiffing Rudy on the bill. The way it seems he treats all his contractors.

1 Like

Heck, that’s what BFFs do, you fill my pocket and I’ll fill yours. What, congressman, you haven’t learned that’s how the grift works?

1 Like

His attorney?

Yes, hypothetical. In the same way as he says T rumpp is innocent, and is a victim of the Deep State. It’s a very sound legal defense. Hypothetically-speaking.

3 Likes

And they both get so much practice!

But don’t mention the War!

4 Likes

Word is there is an effort under way to make it an Olympic Event.

2 Likes

Ahem,

6 Likes

Rudy is Squidward squirting clouds of ink:

4 Likes

I think “staggers back” is more fitting.

1 Like

…same thing for who he is representing…‘biggly freely’…

So, now we are perplexed,we have a spokesperson that says things that we know are not true, denies he says things that are untrue ,then adds that he doesn’t know if what he says is true…what is compelling or useful about this process?

4 Likes

If Rudy walks back any faster, he’ll end up arriving before he leaves.

I believe that’s what he’s hoping for.

I’m sure lots of other people have observed this (I don’t know because comments seemed to have taken the day off around here), but Rudy gave every one of the tells that Psych 101 students learn to detect liars. Licking lips, wiping around face, (even blocking the microphone, which as a veteran talking ass he should know not to do), shifting in his chair, shifting his eyes down and left. I thought a lifelong prosecutor / politician would have learned to lie better than that.

Also, I don’t know if it was my monitor, but his eyes seemed really red, glassy, and squinty. Makes me wonder.

@zlohcuc Back 'em in the corner?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available