Discussion: Giuliani Uses Weekend Of Mass Violence In Chicago To Slam Dem Mayor

1 Like

How many people died under your watch on 9/11, Ghouliani?

14 Likes

"Giuliani also falsely claimed that Chicago had “63 murders this weekend.”

It was actually 6.3 murders, Rudy just put the decimal in the wrong place.
3 Likes

Thank-you, bullseye.
Of course, Giuliani now says there were no foreign terrorist attacks on U.S. soil during the Bush administration.

2 Likes

Hot weather is strongly correlated with violent crime. You’d think Mr. Law and Odor would know this.

2 Likes

Rudy Giuliani: A noun, a verb, and 3,000 dead Americans.

11 Likes

One thing is for sure, Rudy’s endorsement means I’m not voting for Jerry McCarthy. Or for Garry McCarthy either.

4 Likes

Pretty sure we all know what’s meant when a Republican talks about crime in Chicago.

12 Likes

He’s comparing Emmanuel to Nero, but if anyone is guilty of fiddling while America burns…it’s his client.

6 Likes
13 Likes

Use good sense, avoid bad neighborhoods if you can, minimize obviously risky behavior like traveling alone late at night. BFD. And don’t get me wrong, it’s bad that it’s so bad, and we should work to make it better.

But so many regular-ass Republicans, not just dog-whistler TV pricks but actual rank-and-file voters, seem to honestly think Chicago is a hop, skip, and a jump from Mogadishu.

Of course, they also believe stupid shit like “no-go” areas for police, so who knows. Scared babies are scared, and scared racist babies are especially scared.

5 Likes

Impressive mastery of facts, on a Monday no less!

Imagine his accuracy by Friday, when (fingers crossed) the next set of indictments come out.

4 Likes

When will Rudy’s one brain cell expire?

2 Likes

So sick of these do nothing repubs. How many laws have they passed, in the last 40 years, that address any problems of rank & file Americans? How many techno breakthrus are rightwingers involved in? How many pro-active and 'moving forward" initiatives are they behind? NONE.

Never had a novel idea. Never had a plan or policy. Just destroy. Deregulate, and tear down everything that dems have done. AND make no mistake, only dems have ever done anything in my lifetime. You know if the repubs wanted to build a better world, I would actually be interested and take a good hard look at the plans. But you know damn well, there ain’t any. Their entire world strategy is addition by subtraction. Burn this, throttle that, behead the other…and Voila!

4 Likes

1 Like

If only Chicago had a mayor like Giuliani. Maybe he could bring about a miraculous decrease in crime like he did in New York City. You know, the one that began under Mayor David Dinkins(D) three years before Rudy was elected.

4 Likes

But wasn’t Dinkins a n(clang)r?

Is this a great country or what, when our national leaders blame and scapegoat local leaders at the very time local leaders need support? Giuliani is such a force for reconciliation, isn’t he? I can visualize him at a wake, regaling the grieving widow with stories of him and her husband–while married to the widow-- getting drunk and chasing women back in the “good old days.” Just trying to cheer her up, you know.

2 Likes

Don’t you have a client to commit malpractice for, Rudy?

4 Likes

Giuliani: "Facts! Don’t give me facts! Facts are the enemy of TRUTH !"
(with apologies to Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra)