Discussion: Giuliani To Black Parents: 'Teach Your Children To Be Respectful To The Police'

Put a sock in it, Rudy, or maybe a banana would slime down into your windpipe, whatever would shut you up and choke you. Like Ted Cruz, Santorum, Scott Walker, Rick Scott, on and on, a sickening petrefact ready for the grave, well past bedtime for these bonzos such as Rudy.

4 Likes

Damn you to hell, Giuliani. Damn you and all your (mostly) Republican kind to the eternal damnation you so justly deserve.

11 Likes

I’m not black but there’s a whole lots a times I wish I could say I’m not white.

/Zappa

32 Likes

“…you’ve got to teach your children that the real danger to them is not the police…”

Tell that to the parents of Tamir Rice.

How about mayors teach their police not to kill unarmed citizens of color? Until that happens, in point of fact one of the real dangers to them is most assuredly the police.

42 Likes

Two words, Rudy: Bernie Kerik

27 Likes

Because, you know, being disrespectful is a capital offense.

20 Likes

Hi… my name is Rudy… I’m a bald pasty white Republican here to lecture you on how to behave respectfully to police who have you up against the wall for walking or driving down the street…

oh yeah… noun verb 9/11… I’m ‘America’s mayor’ too…

19 Likes

So for Giuliani if 1 out of 100 murders are done by law enforcement that’s perfectly acceptable.

13 Likes

Fucking ferret face.

7 Likes

What’s he selling now? Already sold his soul so there can’t be much left!

8 Likes

Says the man who collected money to buy guns and bullets for the IRA to use to murder policemen in Northern Ireland.

By his own definition, Giuliani is a terrorist and so is everyone else who ever paid to attend a NORAID event.

16 Likes

I’m not a person of color.

When I reach for my wallet to get my license & registration, I don’t do that with the fear of getting shot.

I’ve always been respectful of police officers – but as a white person, they’ve always been respectful of me. My “privilege” is one that comes with the presumption of mutual respect.

That is what we need to work on. That is what Hillary was saying in her speech at the AME church: we can talk about both police abuse and the need to support them. We need to stop – and listen.

38 Likes

STFU Rudy, you pandering racist whore.

11 Likes

“I’m about to get sick / From watching my tee-vee…”

7 Likes

Oh, black parents teaching black kids to be careful and polite when pulled over by the police! What a brilliant idea! Why didn’t anyone think of that before! Why haven’t black parents all been having very pointed talks with their children about not scaring the white people and being polite and excruciatingly careful around the police lest they be shot down like dogs all along? Why, if they’d had such talks with their children for a couple of hundred years or so, just think how many lynchings and burnings and pograms against black towns could have been prevented!

Yup, of course it took a perceptive, perspicacious, empathetic white man like Rudy to figure that out and explain it to them. Because you know how Those People are.

64 Likes
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani argued Sunday, in addressing the two shootings in which police officers shot and killed two black men, that black families should teach their children to "be respectful to the police."

Giuliani added, “9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11.”

11 Likes

Here’s a name for you Rudy: Abner Louima

14 Likes

Beat me to it. Giuliani is an idiot, but somewhere someone does have to emphasize the mutual respect element. Obviously the police, being in position of power, have a MUCH HIGHER bar that must be applied. A friend of mine (ex-cop) kind of said it best saying departments that emphasize “to serve and protect” over viewing community as a problem behave very differently.

Law enforcement should have zero tolerance for race based bias, class based bias, or bias of any kind. But I can’t imagine it helps anything if communities view all police as the enemy.

12 Likes

His real-world credentials may be more impressive than Huckabee’s, but this guy has devolved to a weaker, meaner, somehow-even-less appealing version of him. What a shrunken troll.

5 Likes