Discussion: Funeral Set For 2nd NYPD Officer Killed In Ambush

Discussion for article #231509

It will be interesting to see if the the guy’s religion and funeral ceremony comply with the Christian right wingers if he’s not Christian.

Who care what the Westboro nuts and such have to say? And there will likely be radical Atheists who will ridicule the service too. Ignore the idiots.

Who are these radical atheists you mention? Why is it so likely they will ridicule the service? Has anyone prominently associated with atheism ever done anything remotely like that? Answers in the form of links to reliable news sources describing a similar event to what you predict, please.

1 Like

Not this specific service publicly, nor will Westboro (they did not protest Officer Ramos service either). So it was a silly notion for the person to even bring up because it’s not going to happen. That was more or less my point. Even FOX News is not going to make fun of Liu’s service, no matter what his religion is. So Atheists won’t protest this service either. Plus I would note most services Westboro protested were Christian services. Can you show me examples of Christian’s mocking a religious service that was not Christian on TV? No. But of course many do. Just like many Atheists ridicule any religious service. It just does not make it on to TV.

Anti-religious nuts are just as annoying as religious nuts. Yes, the people shown here are radical atheist nuts. Sophomoric nonsense, just as silly as what they are protesting.

There an article a couple of days ago on here about some trashy couple who made a Zombie Nativity scene. Childish idiocy for attention craving clowns. No different than the idiots who have to have 6,000 Christmas lights to show how they love Jesus. Privately many atheists will mock any funeral. I’ve encountered many at funerals in a church who show no respect.

There are Atheists who claim Jesus did not even exist. Just dumb. Or they claim he was black, which is a silly as claiming he was white.

It’s like the First Amendment does not even exist. Live and let live. I’m not religious but have no special desire to ridicule people who are, and apparently the people who wrote the Constitution felt the same way. They were not all religious, but they decided that people had a right to be.

Golly, MrComments, that’s a fair bit of verbiage, but exactly none of it responds to the questions I posed to your original comment: Who are these radical atheists you mention? Why is it so likely they will ridicule the service? Has anyone prominently associated with atheism ever done anything remotely like that?

Links, please. Or STFU.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m a radical atheist, and nobody invited me! Some radical atheists have all the fun.

1 Like

Why do I get this post-HBO-Dennis Miller-rant-while-smoking-crack vibe?

jw1

1 Like

Here are some violent and nutty atheists. These people are actually more dangerous than the Westboro nuts. On video.

Stalin promoted Atheism with mass propaganda, and held a terror campaign against churches. He leveled thousands of churches. About 100,000 priests, nuns and monks were shot dead from 1937-1938.

Oh, far more people were killed in the name of “my religion is better than yours”. No doubt. But to deny there are crazy atheists who kill is silly. And yes, they will ridicule any religious service, even a funeral. Just because Westboro made it on to TV and they don’t, does not mean it does not happen. And let’s not forget the WBC has 39 members. 39. They made it on to TV because our media is stupid. Yet somehow the person I replied to implies they represent all right wing Christians. The reality is that right wing Christians hate them.

I would not view you as radical. Being anti-religious peacefully like myself is fine. I don’t see you the type to run around with signs yelling out of control at preachers, etc. THAT is radical. But if you do engage in such activity, I stand corrected.

My guess? All of the ranting.

I rant, therefore I am.

-Dennis Miller

Well, I can’t say that inflicting discomfort upon the bereaved is something that I would ever go in for. I’m mostly a live and let live type of non-believer.

3 Likes

I figured that. Educating and informing people works better than ridiculing them. All that does is make them cling more to their beliefs.

Stalin? Tell you what, let’s make it a bet: If Stalin ridicules that funeral I owe you a Coke. Until then I’ll reserve my right to disagree with and consider unproven your statement: “And there will likely be radical Atheists who will ridicule the service too.” Kinda seems like a trolly false-equivalency thing to say, you ask me.

All I said was they would be ridiculing it, but not on TV or publicly.