Discussion: Fox's Shepard Smith Comes Out, Says Ailes Was Never Homophobic Toward Him

1 Like

Good on Shep.

3 Likes

Not the usual ‘Casablanca’ quote about the shock of finding gambling, but it works:

Ugarte: You know, Rick, I have many a friend in Casablanca, but somehow, just because you despise me, you are the only one I trust.

6 Likes

no reason for Ailes to be mean to you… you weren’t viewed as competition for the babes…

15 Likes

So Ailes wasn’t openly homophobic to Smith’s face, just a nasty lecher who thought he owned the women around him. Ailes and HO - two ugly birds of a feather.

I’d never heard rumors that Shep was gay but also never cared, then or now.

13 Likes

With all due respect to Mr. Smith–and I do believe he deserves a lot of respect–there is no way in hell Smith truly felt FOX was “getting it right.” No way. For sure, Smith had to witness, had to feel the strong propaganda Ailes and the others (O’Reilly, Hannity, Cavuto and others) were pushing. Come on, Shep – you could not have been that blind. Seriously! I call Bull Shit.

16 Likes

I’ve known for many years Shep Smith is gay. He’s been seen in Washington, D.C., gay bars over the years … probably NYC ones, too, I’m guessing.

4 Likes

And, it’s a golden bull…

2 Likes

Ailes not being homophobic does not give him a pass for being a misognystic, sexist, groping, dirty old man with the ladies of fox.

9 Likes

There are none so blind as those who will not see. Sadly, Mr. Smith seems to fit this category.

2 Likes

If Shep was more attractive maybe Ailes would have harassed him. I mean, c’mon, look at the guy! If we were on a plane together at best I might rub his ankle.

4 Likes

Keeping his job options open?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Sam Jackson’s Stephen (Django Unchained) would also say that Mr. Candie never aimed any racism his way.

To be fair, I congratulate anyone brave enough to stop living a lie. That should be the takeaway from this story if you ask me. Good for him. I couldn’t give a shit about Ailes though.

2 Likes

I’m happy for Shep.
Of course, he didn’t have to crawl on his hands and knees in maid costumes
doing Roger Ailes so it was easy to be content and protected where he was.

2 Likes

“It’s such a wonderful place, and it’s been home forever. He was very fatherly and mentorish,” he told the site.

Okay, mind blown.

6 Likes

At least Smith didn’t diss the people who brought Ailes down.

3 Likes

Roger, who?

Ground Beef Dick.

"That’s not true. He was as nice as he could be to me. I loved him like a
father,” he told the site. “I trusted him with my career and with ― I
trusted him and trusts were betrayed. People outside this company can’t
know [how painful that betrayal was]. This place has its enemies, but
inside, it was very personal, and very scarring and horrifying.”

I’m gonna need more than one shower today.

4 Likes