Discussion: Fox News Host On Melania: 'No Other Modern First Lady Has Been Treated Like This'

Every time I see that bizarre photo on the right, I have a hard time finally tearing myself away from staring at those boot-like things. It’s like they were designed by a committee of comedians, Dr. Seuss, and a heel fetishist.

3 Likes

Don’t know about sleeveless tops but do know she has been photographed wth no top.

2 Likes

Something tells me it wouldn’t be “free” for her.
There’s bound to be a one-sided (not her side) prenup.

Her payday is still down the road.

2 Likes

[quote=“cervantes, post:3, topic:82006, full:true”]

Fox News Host On Melania: ‘No Other Modern First Lady Has Been Treated Like This’

Probably because no other first lady is being investigated for laundering $26 million for the inauguration activities; See Palmer Report.

2 Likes

Oh boy. If he thinks it is bad now wait until the GOP establishment and base throw Trump under the bus. Remember, conservatism cannot fail, it can only be failed. And once they start calling Trump “originally a NY Democrat” they will have even less nice things to say about the First Hooker.

4 Likes

There are a number of slurs which are gendered but which depict certain types of characters. Bitch is usefully applied to persons of both sexes in that way just as slut is a accurate description of Trump. So there comes a point when it simply makes sense to call a bitch a bitch.

2 Likes

I thought about going to look for examples of how Michelle Obama was treated in the press (not even the “conservative” press…I just ate) but I just couldn’t bear to see that crap again. Her “bare arms scandal” was the least of it.

But I’m sure the hardcore ratwing sites treated her much better than these horrible things said about Melania.

4 Likes

Not only that but Melania aka Slovenian rent a wife and her Twitter army vile anti Semitic attack on Julie Iofee after she wrote a fairly rote profile in GQ. Then her husband joined in to defend her claiming that the piece was not fair.

3 Likes

I hate to have to even type this but it was pretty common to see her referred to as an Ape in heels, among other things. They were remorseless about the Obamas.

5 Likes

It’s hard to believe, but that guy was once a fairly well-respected media critic for The Washington Post. Now he’s just another pathetic right-wing hack.

2 Likes

[quote=“mattinpa, post:7, topic:82006”]
If Melania hasn’t been compared to a gorilla or called a man, then I’d say she’s not the worst-treated first lady.
[/quote] They STILL call her names and talk shit about her.

3 Likes

I agree.

And why does she still have such a thick accent? It’s a trivial thing, I suppose, but how long has she lived here?

I guess she doesn’t get much practice speaking her mind, but still…

4 Likes

Clearly we now know why they call you ‘little girl blue’.

2 Likes

Hence the “modern” caveat in what the Fox person said.

Maybe.

1 Like

I think they must have one of those memory revision pen thingies from Men In Black.

Either that, or they’re just shamless, lying, grifters, not journalists at all.

Perhaps Occam’s Razor can provide some guidance?

1 Like

I’m always very respectful of women. You never know when you might want a sandwich.

5 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

No, calling women the b-word is on the same level as the c-word, the n-word, and the f-word.

It is inappropriate, dehumanizing, and wrong.

If you believe that referring to Michelle Obama as a primate is wrong (and I do), then referring to Melania (or any woman) as a canine is also wrong.

We can do better.

@tena
@littlegirlblue

2 Likes

You mean like “modern” referring to everything since last week?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available