Discussion: Fox Host Asks Pence: 'Are You The Cleanup Crew' For Trump? (VIDEO)

we have exactly the same convictions

Sure. Bigotry, Demagoguery, Whiteness, serving the very rich being the core. And tax cuts.

5 Likes

And a follow-up question: How do you look in the mirror long enough to shave and brush your teeth? Is it hard to sleep? Do you have a hard time looking at your children without weeping?

4 Likes

Too much crap for the cleanup, too few shovels.

1 Like

Exactly. I think the more pertinent question is: Do you like showering in it or are you a bath man?

“Are you the cleanup crew?”

Tacit admittance that Trump is in deep doo-doo.

1 Like

Saying that you have “exactly the same convictions” as Donald Trump is about as damning a self-indictment as I can imagine.

6 Likes

it’s the perfect image… the guy walking with the bucket and shovel behind the elephant in the circus parade…

2 Likes

The obvious follow up to “exactly the same convictions” is “why don’t you have any?”

1 Like

Brilliant …but that would require a conscience.
Christian first indeed
https://vine.co/v/5ZDIDXeeLYq

1 Like

“Well, look, we have different styles, but as I told that little boy, we have exactly the same convictions,” Pence replied.

Finally, truth in advertising! Every Republican supports The Rump, whether they have the sense to deny it or not. The biggest disagreement within the Republican Party is whether their spending cuts are means to the end of cutting rich people’s taxes, or whether the spending cuts are petty, vindictive ends in themselves. And there’s a growing convergence towards the petty and the vindictive.

2 Likes

Snopes is apparently getting overwhelmed as ‘the bilge is rising faster than you can pump’ ".

But at least they are trying to find the truth, Mike. You just make up sweeter lies to cover up your boss’ more odious ones.

“I don’t think it’s getting old at all,” Pence responded. “Donald Trump made his way through a very competitive primary because he spoke not like your typical politician, but just plainly like an everyday American.”

Rump won the primary because he blurts out what everyday Republicans believe on day one, and leaves it to others to blame Obama on day four.

So Pence is also soft on Russia?

1 Like

Fellow Hoosiers, see how lucky we are. I hope he never returns!
It will take someone smarter than Mike Pence o clean up after Trump!

Neither Trump nor Pence seem to understand that language has meaning and that afterwards you should not have to say, “What I meant was…”

4 Likes

So which office will run the Department of Truth and who gets the Department of Truthiness?

“…he spoke not like your typical politician, but just plainly like an everyday American.” Really? What are people in Indiana like? Up here in Washington, NOBODY speaks like Trump…

1 Like

Personally, I thought it was a pretty softball interview. Wallace asked some tough questions, but then he allowed Pence to deflect or give non-answers without any follow up. The following interview with Claire McCaskill was much tougher and all the questions were about Hillary emails or Clinton foundation - McCaskill handled it well, though.

1 Like

He’s a smooth talker, but the fact that he’s making excuses for such a sack of shit just make me have zero respect for him and almost think worse of him than Trump.