Discussion: ‘Foul,’ ‘Glum,’ ‘Like I’m Gonna Strangle You’: The Mood On Capitol Hill Is Grim

Democrats are at a loss:

Um… No, Kate. They’re not.

6 Likes

And I keep wondering why I am not hearing that from MSM. It’s still “Dem’s at a Loss”?

It is a simple concept that can be explained in one sentence.

5 Likes

#Where’sMitch?

6 Likes

Seriously, two TPM articles in a row now from different authors spewing bothsiderism. I can alway just put AP or Politico directly in my feed if I wanted more of that. Oh, and rescind my subscription.

4 Likes

Time for a change. Only a few Republicans are needed. (they would never be elected again, but they are patriots, right?)

1 Like

Like the Mahatma said, “I know a way out of Hell.”

IMPEACH THE MOTHERFUCKER! (Then, convict, and then indict… Lastly, a long stay at Leavenworth. I’m even ok with reopening Alcatraz to house all the lesser fry.)

2 Likes

While it may be true that the rich fly on private planes in luxury, the majority of those people who do their work and make them money have to take the bus i.e. commercial airlines. What happens when a deal cannot be closed or implemented? If ATC is shutdown, it would be like the two weeks after 9/11. There were no private or commercial flights, only military.

1 Like

Perhaps a rope should be draped over a street light outside McConnell’s office? With any sane majority leader this crisis would not exist. The Republicans have surrendered far too much of their authority as senators to Mitch, far more than Senate Rules specify. Remember, the Constitution doesn’t even mention a “majority leader” - he has no Constitutional powers at all.

3 Likes

Outdoor, chain-link pens right on the border, so Mexicans can toss tear-gas at them. And rotting fruit.

2 Likes

The Senate rules do not give the majority leader the sole power to decide what gets to the floor of the Senate. That is just tradition, a tradition that needs to be stopped. Any Senator can ask for a bill to be brought to the floor, and without objections it will be bought to the floor.

It would be a brilliant move to just shutdown the Senate until this crisis is ended. And, it only takes 4 patriotic Republican senators to do it. But, at this point I can’t name 4 patriotic Republican senators. Do we really have 4 of them???

1 Like

Sorry, Collins is not worthy.

It still limits where and when they can go. Big money doesn’t do no very well…

Blankets.

2 Likes

I’m certain Chuck Todd will be quoting this article to all of his “both sides” oriented guests (which is all of them) Sunday!

FFS, Mitch. Do your job: represent your state/district. Let bills come to the floor, allow debate, have debates, hash out compromises, produce legislation. Presidential veto? Override or start over.

I agree with the first post above from heartland liberal: the party formerly known as Republican can do what all the Dixiecrats did in the '80s under Reagan - change parties. Or declare themselves as Independents and support the Dems once in a while. 11 Senators voted with Dems on the sanctions bill. That doesn’t get anti-Trumpers to 60 in the Senate, but it’s a start and it sends a shot over Yertle’s bow.

There is no need to “switch sides” - what is needed is for repubs to start kicking other asses and join into a veto-proof vote with the demos. They know how to coerce, and it’s time they moved on their cohorts. This of course involve McConnell, who probably will need the hardest kicks.

1 Like

Murkowski has already shown that she can beat them even if they primary her. She doesn’t have any need to hold back.

2 Likes

That those are the only circumstances where they would chose to exercise their power to remove the Majority Leader doesn’t absolve them of their responsiblity to remove him in other warranted situations or relieve them of blame for choosing not to take that neccessary action.

The fruit of the conservative movement.

1 Like

BREAKING: WH staff draws straws to see who has to take this photo into the Oval Office:

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available