Discussion: Foul Ball: White House Misspells Boston Baseball Team As 'Red Socks'

And to think that folks used to say President Trump was “cunning like a focks!”

13 Likes

Only the best people…

8 Likes

Nothing more telling than bad grammar… and when every application on the planet has spell check, it takes a special level of ignorance to ignore the little squiggly red underline

Edit: Just for laughs I punched in Red s on my phone and what popped up right below…
You guessed it SOX
My phone is smarter than a WH staffer

14 Likes

You’re right. One of my sons worked on the communications staff for his middle school. They never sent out anything with as many spelling and grammatical errors as this WH team does - and they were in the sixth grade! Their faculty supervisor was teaching them to produce a quality work product which I, as a parent, really appreciated.

10 Likes

oh … give 'im a brake —

19 Likes

This administration is dumb, ignorant, violent and vicious. Dangerous combo. But I bet they know how to spell ‘Putin’.

This was probably written by the same fool at Fox whose chyron scroll warned of caravans from three ‘Mexican’ countries headed our way. Maybe they were schooled by Betsy DeVos?

Register people to vote, run for office!

If you want to know what public offices are available to you in your community check this site. Enter your ZIP code to see open offices: https://www.runforoffice.org/

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. You’ll meet with neighborhood Dems and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office. Check with your local party Chair.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump, and over half of all eligible voters just stayed home in 2016. Today’s 16-year old’s will be voting for President in 2 years. Are they ready?

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly. Get appointed to your Planning Commission. Know everything going on in your community.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The next census is in 2020 when we redraw Congressional Districts. Stop the GOP-led gerrymandering that keeps Gohmert and King in office!

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led Voter run-around help them do that. To see your state’s voter registration requirements look here: https://www.vote.org/voter-registration-deadlines/

Download and print copies of this Federal Voter Registration form, valid in all 50 states and all US Territories. If you’re a US Citizen you can help any other US Citizen register to vote. Instructions are on the form: https://vote.gov/files/federal-voter-registration_1-25-16_english.pdf

This site, https://www.aauw.org/resource/organize-a-voter-registration-drive/, has a how-to on organizing a voter registration drive or just sitting outside Wal Mart with a folding chair and a card table.

Civics, Civility and Civilization share the same roots.

You Got To Run!

6 Likes

Looks like the Russians hacked into the W.H. computer system and disabled Spellcheck.

10 Likes

But the pool of acceptable employees for this gig is narrow - with complete sycophancy for Trump, willingness to put out deplorable explanations for un-explainable executive actions - as the top requirements. And to do that well, seems to require some diminished mental capacity to keep the cognitive dissonance at bay.

10 Likes

You mean peeple

6 Likes

I prefer Boston Red Stockings.

9 Likes

Yes, I think J.D. Martinez is the only non-white player attending. Speaks volumes about the toxic nature of this presidency.

3 Likes

Of course it’s possible, even likely the spell checker simply said "no, it’s “socks” and made the change without asking like it does here. And then nobody proofed it or they skimmed it and read over the mistake.

4 Likes

Ha! Just reward for the dicks that decided to go. Or should I say dix?

5 Likes

At the risk of piling on, I will pile on! This WH can’t do anything right! Incompetents!

2 Likes

I’ll go with stupid

6 Likes

The hierarchy of blame will first include an intern and spell check. Then they will admit they did it on purpose to pwn the libs in Beantown.

6 Likes

I once misspelled “New York Nicks”.

Now, whenever I say it, I pronounce the silent “K”: “New York Ka-nicks”

Everyone looks at me funny. Maybe it’s because they know I’d rather be talking about the “Vegas Golden Ka-nig-gets”, Monty Python style …

6 Likes

Reminiscent of the big red “N” in the middle of the football field at the University of Nebraska. As every Cornhusker knows the school isn’t just about football, cause that “N” stands for Nowledge.

9 Likes

Sub-title of The History of Conservatism .

9 Likes

No appologees from the WH. Suck it libs! Trump rox!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available