Discussion: FLOTUS Plans Solo Trip To Nations That POTUS Labeled As 'Sh*thole Countries'

Her spokeswoman, Stephanie Grisham, said the first lady chose Africa as the destination for her first big solo international trip after she learned about some of the development programs that are underway in many of its countries.

Sure, fine, ok. If that’s the way you want to play it. Just make sure she doesn’t pack that jacket.

10 Likes

African nations to US: “Please don’t send the wife of your shithole president to visit us.”

11 Likes

“We are all Nambians.”

9 Likes

“Vhat you tink vood zend eem combpletely ober ze edge?” she asked.

“Howz ebout you go to ze Africa,” Amalija suggested.

4 Likes

going to a continent where her spouse won’t follow her.
The souvenir African mask you bring back will not make up for the rise in police brutality and white supremacy you helped put in the white house - but go ahead, multi - cultural your heart out and befriend " all the little people of the world."

11 Likes

Is this the good-cop bad-cop routine?

12 Likes

Protecting her image I suspect. That marriage will not last.

7 Likes

Jeeze, give her a break. Too bad she’s not president.

4 Likes

Mrs. Trump said she was especially looking forward to visiting Wakanda.

4 Likes

"I haff wanted a lepordskin coat for so lonk, and ze boys kill and kill, but it ees only enuff for the wives, so. I go.’

6 Likes

So long as we do not ever forget that she helped him get there by supporting his birther hoax, by pooh-poohing the Billy Bush tape (“I haff two boys at home” and “locker room talk”), and in countless other ways. She may (possibly) be trying to make up for that now, but she carries some of the responsibility for putting him in the WH.

16 Likes

So I didn’t believe the stories that her anti-bullying initiative was trolling her husband. But that statement has to have been trolling him, no?

3 Likes

You know she could stay in DC, go visit her parents, fly to NYC to visit her friends, sleep for 22 hours a day, and what she chooses to do is flying around doing facetime.

It will be interesting to see which countries allow her to come.

3 Likes

China has made huge inroads in Africa from an economic standpoint and Trump and his cabinet have absolutely no goodwill there to counteract that. Can’t hurt to send Melania, I would think.

3 Likes

There are, in fact, things, I really don’t care about, and one of them is Melania Trump. But if she’s going out of her way to express contempt for him, well, that’s hard not to like.

7 Likes

No, if she want Donnie to pay attention she’ll need a 2X4, and hit him upside his head.

I really find her actions pathetic. She has had plenty of time and has the power to find something to champion. Her responses are so banal. And even for someone who speaks with an accent she is so passive in her speaking.

3 Likes

We learned from Michael Wolf’s book that PP has reminded her when he’s a full tilt rage that she’s nothing but a trophy wife. Because she thought all along he married her for her sparkling conversation.

5 Likes

She has about 10 people on her staff. Mrs. O and even Mrs. B the Second had about 25, pretty much making them activist FLOTUSes. But really how much staff do you need to help you get through a Pilates session, her favorite thing to do in the WH

7 Likes

It will be more interesting to see which countries allow her to leave.

2 Likes