Discussion: FL Sec Of State Resigns Over Photos Of Him In Blackface Dressed As Katrina Victim

1 Like

This IS the Republican Party. Yes, its the political party that is so not racist. Like the dude who stole the White House with help from Putin and Russian military intelligence is the least racist person in America. Same same.

20 Likes

Wow, that party pic…
He’s got the same makeup person as Trump.
Same sized breasts as Trump, too… Moobs !!

1 Like

Poor DeSantis! Now he has to search high and low for a new Secretary of State who only makes fun of women, gays, Mexicans, and Asians.

17 Likes

Not sure i really approve of these public executions for years-old stupidity. Odious and stupid, sure, but unless there is some connection to discrimination in his current job, don’t understand why he’s resigning.

3 Likes

Probably because there’s more out there, and he wants to put it to bed.

9 Likes

He has no excuse, He was a full grown adult.

14 Likes

Good news in the end. Steve King has hired him as his new campaign manager.

14 Likes

Exactly, he went way too fast and quietly.

Didn’t even bother to hire the GOP PR firm.

10 Likes

What year did he graduate Covington Catholic?

16 Likes

For a guy who had a career in public relations, he didn’t know much about the subject. Or perhaps he thought his sphere extended only to 'his type of people,"
AKA casual white racists.
Bye bye

5 Likes

I’d suggest Gov DeSantis could raise some money for the state by auctioning off the position to the highest bidder, but sometimes people go to jail for that.

3 Likes

Past the age of about 15, “years-old stupidity” doesn’t cover this kind of behavior. This is a reflection of deep-seated beliefs about large groups of other people. I would be absolutely astounded if the phrase, “dumb n*igger” never passed his lips. In fact, I’d be astounded if it doesn’t pass his lips today.

13 Likes

Am I wrong in thinking that DeSantis knew about this pic and it was a major factor in his appointing Ertel in the first place?

NAH!

2 Likes

There are good people on both sides of that blackface.

9 Likes

What in the actual fuck?

5 Likes

At this point, I’m just shocked a Republican feels any sense of shame or acknowledges wrongdoing.

Not all Republicans are racist, but all racists are pretty much Republican.

6 Likes

Related: Can anyone explain to me why Rep. Jeffries backed away from stating that Trump was racist? Trump is racist personally and as a policy matter, with such negative real life consequences for so many darker skinned human beings. Is it because Jeffries now has a prominent House position and so must speak for the party rather than himself–and the party just isn’t prepared to explicitly call Trump out? Real question. Thanks.

Because at the time he was serving as the supervisor of elections in Seminole County, and though thay maybe an appointed position it was a position of public trust. So black face and making fun of those that died is not a good look on a public official.

And then there’s the confirmation of he’s a “Florida Man”.

14 Likes

Bugs Bunny: Problem Solver

6 Likes