Discussion: First Man To Buy Recreational Pot In Spokane Says He Lost His Job Because Of the Attention

Discussion for article #224916

“I mean, a man can always get a job. But a man can only be the first person to buy recreational cannabis in Spokane once.”

Why does the tie-die shirt make me think James O’Keefe is involved?

4 Likes

“I’m still the captain! I’m still number one,” Boyer told Vocativ. “I mean, a man can always get a job. But a man can only be the first person to buy recreational cannabis in Spokane once.”

What a, um, remarkable accomplishment.

Good luck, dude. You need all you can get.

3 Likes

Funny, I never would have pegged him as a cannabis user.

7 Likes

In Spokane yet. What a moron.

Common sense - If you had to take a drug test for your job it might not be wise to use pot.

“if” he was fired?

So, you’re calling him a liar?

So. They know that alcohol is legal. They know that many of their employees drink recreationally.

Now, they just have to get used to people LEGALLY smoking dope in their OFF hours.

Easy-peasy.

2 Likes

If he’s in a job deemed a ‘public safety’ position with accompanying federal requirements for drug testing, then it doesn’t matter what Washington, Colorado or any other state legalizes, he’ll lose his job if he gets tested. As well, the problem law enforcement has to grapple with is no ‘here and now’ indicator for marijuana. Unlike other drugs, you could be weeks away from the last time you were ‘under the influence’ of THC and it will still show up on a drug test. The other federal Schedule One drugs and alcohol are out of your system within the measure of hours, whereas THC still shows up a month later.

If he enjoys smoking that much, then good on him for being the first in line. Otherwise it reminds me of growning up in Oregon when you couldn’t buy Coors legally there and how it was celebrated to make a Coors-run to California. All that effort for a high you could already get easily and locally.

I LOVE THIS GUY! (Body is invalid; try to be a little more descriptive) WTF is that TPM?

For some reason there’s a bit of hazy uncertainty about who, if anyone, fired him. He says he was fired but the people he says fired him say he’s not fired and it’s all a bit topsy-turvy. For some reason.