Discussion: FBI Seeks Two'Witnesses' In Connection With Chelsea Bombing

New Yorkers: “Hey! this is really nice luggage! Don’t need the bomb, though…” < tosses bomb/>

7 Likes
2 Likes

I’m confused about how the police came to learn about these two guys in the first place. I thought they were both interviewed and that’s how the police initially got the information about the luggage and those pipe bombs. So what’s the story there? Did they or didn’t they interview them and get their names and addresses or were they just on surveillance video somewhere? Again, how did they come on the FBI’s radar in the first place?

1 Like

These two guy supposedly removed the luggage and left the pressure cooker bomb in NY- the one that didn’t explode. Two different guys found a backpack with pipebombs in Elizabeth, NJ. Those guys thought the backpack might contain something of value, but when they saw the pipe and wires, they immediately contacted law enforcement.
ETA: I suspect they found out about them from the various videos people submitted after the police asked people to submit any videos taken in the area.

3 Likes

From the security video footage.

I thought they were both interviewed and that’s how the police initially got the information about the luggage and those pipe bombs. So what’s the story there? Did they or didn’t they interview them and get their names and addresses or were they just on surveillance video somewhere?

I think you’re confusing these two guys - who found the bomb in the suitcase in Manhattan and didn’t tell anyone but took the suitcase - with the two guys who found the bomb in the backpack in Elizabeth, NJ and called the authorities.

3 Likes

“Dude! Look, suitcase!”

“Let’s take it. … What the fuck, man, why is this case so fuckin’ heavy?”

“Well I don’t know, open it and find out.”

“You open it.”

“Jesus Christ, man, don’t be such a fuckin’ loser - fine, I’ll open it. Retard.”

(Opens suitcase. Perplexed stares.)

“Is that a fucking crockpot?”

“No, man, I think it’s called something else … pressure … broiler … maybe? My nana had something like that.”

“Why is it so fuckin’ heavy?”

{Removes lid)

“Shit, man, it’s filled with fuckin’ pipes. Who puts pipes in a fuckin’ crockpot?”

“Broiler.”

“Whatever.”

“Well I don’t know who puts pipes in a fuckin’ crockpot, asshole. Jesus Christ, what a stupid question. Who puts a crockpot in a fuckin’ suitcase?”

(Pause while they consider the philosophical implications of what kind of person puts pipes in a crockpot in a suitcase.)

“Fuckin’ New Yorkers, man. Fuckin’ New Yorkers.”

“Yeah. Look, just throw it in the trash.”

“The suitcase?”

“No! The fuckin’ crockpot, you jackass!”

“Oh, yeah, right. … Hey, wait, there’s a cell phone taped to it.”

“Well grab that too. Put a move on it, boy-o. Your momma ain’t gonna wait all night for you to come.”

“Hey.”

“What?”

“That’s what she said.”

4 Likes

You might be thinking about the guys in New Jersey, as opposed to NYC.

2 Likes

Thanks all. I was mixing up the two different situations from the two different locales. I didn’t put those together for some reason.

1 Like