Discussion: FBI, NYPD Assess Possible Al-Qaida Threat On Day Before Election

another good reason to vote by mail and for early voting…

1 Like

Sounds a little too much like another coordinated voter suppression ploy. At this point the FBI, especially the New York office, has lost all credibility.

Sounds a little too much like another coordinated voter suppression ploy. At this point the FBI, especially the New York office, has lost all credibility.

I want to say, “now now, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt; they’ve foiled a few plots over the years,” but man it’s hard to muster up much sincerity behind that. So I’ll just sit here in a dour mood because you could be right…

If this is FUD, it seems like it’s a GOTV effort more than suppression, though it might backfire. What I mean is, “OMG TERRORISMS!” is usually a cry to stir up the pants-wetting right wing and get them to vote for the strong Republican CINC who will KICK ALL THE ASSES!

In this case, some of Hillary’s strongest attacks have been about the Great Orange Shitgibbon’s complete unfitness for being Commander In Chief. He may gain votes on the “who will clean up Washington” question, but not so much on the “who should have the nukes” question.

Not sure I can trust the credibility of the NY FBI.

It took me years to regain any semblance of confidence in the FBI (or the Department of Homeland Security) after the way they blatantly played on the fears of a very gullible public during the disastrous Cheney administration. As more and more information comes out about the machinations of the FBI the more it seems like this is nothing more of the same sort of gambit(s).